Dress Code

FlightMedic555

I know suit/jacket for men is not needed on the Regatta. If we invited to have dinner with the captain does this change?

That's up to you. I like to have a jacket available for that type of occasion and whenever else I feel like wearing it, but the Captain is as aware of the dress code as anyone else, and won't expect it. My travel agent's husband has dined with the Captain as much as anyone and has never worn a jacket. That said, every time I've dined with the Captain and/or General Manager, all of the men at table have had jackets, and sometimes ties.

That's up to you. I like to have a jacket available for that type of occasion and whenever else I feel like wearing it, but the Captain is as aware of the dress code as anyone else, and won't expect it. My travel agent's husband has dined with the Captain as much as anyone and has never worn a jacket. That said, every time I've dined with the Captain and/or General Manager, all of the men at table have had jackets, and sometimes ties.

Do gents who wear ties stick out? I like bowties would I be out of place?

Do gents who wear ties stick out? I like bowties would I be out of place?

I like bowties, too...on others. I wish looked good in them. No, you won't "stick out", and you may get lots of compliments. Truthfully, no one cares as long as (A) you look good, and (B) you meet the minimum requirements. A tux would likely stand out, unless someone mistakes a tux wearer for a waiter ;).

Archived