Room Booking Question

FlipFlopFanatic

Hi All...

My husband and I are booked on the Grand Princess on Jan 5th. We booked an interior room but as a surprise (this is our honeymoon)my stepmom called Princess and upgraded us to a Guaranteed Balcony. That was two months ago.

We set sail in a little over a week and we still have not been assigned a cabin. My husband called about two weeks ago and the CSR told him there wasn't anything to worry about.

We checked the website and it says everything has been sold out.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Any chance we will be bumped up to a minisuite or suite? I'm nervous that we don't have a cabin yet.

Thanks!

I know it's a bit disconcerting not knowing where you will be, but you'll be assigned a cabin. It may not happen until you check in, but you won't be left at the pier.

You could be upgraded, but of course there's no guarantee.

Enjoy your cruise...

Lew

As the others have said, you are GUARANTEED a balcony cabin so don't worry even if you don't know which cabin until you get to the pier. When you drop off your luggage, the porter will have a list and will attach a tag with your name and cabin # on it. Check-in will be as usual.

The Personalizer closes five days before sailing so if you don't see an assigned cabin by then, you can call Princess to check. I don't remember whether the saved travel summary PDF is updated after the close date but it might be worth checking there as well.

The Personalizer closes five days before sailing so if you don't see an assigned cabin by then, you can call Princess to check. I don't remember whether the saved travel summary PDF is updated after the close date but it might be worth checking there as well.

You can't make changes within 5 days, but you can still look at it. On my last cruise, I didn't get my cabin assignment until 2 days before, and I was checking my personalizer constantly, and I was able to see the cabin assignment when it did show up. I was also able to print new luggage tags.

Had a balcony "guarantee" on Carnival once.....when we got to the pier they had our cabin assignment for us. As we walked along looking for our cabin, we were thinking "dang this is a far walk" and then realized we had a wrap-aft-balcony. When we thought about booking it on another cruise...it was a $1500 upgrade!

Archived