Room 6481 on the Magic(extended Balcony)

RAMSJUNKIE887

Just curious if anybody has ever stayed in this room or a room with the same layout as this room. its not a normal balcony room instead of the room being long its wide and a little different layout it looks smaller to me from the very few pictures ive been able to find on these types of rooms. the balcony is quite a bit bigger and it looks to have a lounge chair on top of the 2 normal chairs that are on the balcony. Just wondering if anybody can give me any feedback on these styles of rooms im sure they are the same on the dream and breeze.

are you sure with the cabin number?

6481 on Magic looks to be a regular balcony cabin.

are you referring to the L shaped balcony. example- 6493>

I had an L shaped cabin on the Liberty and did not like it.

I like having a sofa and it was surely missed that cruise.

the cabin has more sq footage then a regular cabin but a lot of it was not usable.

there was only about a foot of space at the bottom of the bed and on one side which was the bathroom door.

the only place to get dressed was on the area on the other side of the bed..which was not large at all. only one person could get dressed / ready for dinner at a time. (I could not sit at the vanity while honey got dressed)

if they would have moved the closets down into the hall- it would have given more usable space in the cabin.

I hated that the tv was over the vanity. i could only watch tv by laying in the bed on my right side.

sitting on the edge of the bed would have created neck cramps.

sure the balcony was longer-- but how much space could two people need at a time.

i'd rather opted for a bigger cabin

well now that I'm looking into it more I'm wondering whats going on? did i get screwed? I booked at the time I booked because on the carnival website it was offering me a free upgrade to an extended balcony whatever that is for the same price as a regular balcony and those were the rooms I got to chose from. It doesnt look like an extended balcony to me whats the deal? :confused:

hmm, if it is 6481 it looks to be the same as the rest.

are you sure you got the cabin number right-- because there is extended balconies on this deck

what cabin did you have before?

I an tell you a reason I would not book this cabin- its directly above the piano bar-- and if the player is any good-- that place will be hopping til early morning

hmm, if it is 6481 it looks to be the same as the rest.

are you sure you got the cabin number right-- because there is extended balconies on this deck

what cabin did you have before?

I an tell you a reason I would not book this cabin- its directly above the piano bar-- and if the player is any good-- that place will be hopping til early morning

I called carnival and apparently I did kinda get screwed, when I did the booking it was a free upgrade for past guest to an extended balcony for the same price as a regualr balcony when I clicked on it it brought up those rooms on the aft of the ship on deck 6 so I picked one of the rooms figuring that since it highlighted those rooms they must be extended balconys since thats where the upgrade took me but apparently there not and carnival cant explain to me why this is the case since that deal was months ago and the rooms are considerably higher for a regular balcony now than what I paid then.

I've notices sometimes the "free upgrade to category X" sometimes doesn't happen. I don't know if that category ends up full, then the next lower category is offered instead. With no notice actual...I just see the cabins offered are NOT category "X". I always have the deck plans open in another window to see the exact cabin/s that are offered.

I haven't seen this on Carnival's site, but on other travel sites when I do mock bookings to compare pricing and availability. (Can't use Carnival's site to do this...cause my PVP calls and gets the kids hopes up!)

Maybe call Carnival and ask them what's going on.

Good luck.

Peg

ADDED: OP - I was typing this while you responded. Sorry they messed up. I hope you enjoy your cruise despite Carnivals idiotic methods.

I called carnival and apparently I did kinda get screwed, when I did the booking it was a free upgrade for past guest to an extended balcony for the same price as a regualr balcony when I clicked on it it brought up those rooms on the aft of the ship on deck 6 so I picked one of the rooms figuring that since it highlighted those rooms they must be extended balconys since thats where the upgrade took me but apparently there not and carnival cant explain to me why this is the case since that deal was months ago and the rooms are considerably higher for a regular balcony now than what I paid then.

Praying/hoping for a better scenario to pop up..just as they need final payment etc a better room avbx and affordable change...hope they will help you because not an upgrade in my book...but some people love those balconies..

well the final payment is in 3 days lol and the ship is just about at full capacity I will call back later and do some complaining to see if I can get somthing out of this deal but the only problem is with moving cabins is were going with another couple and wanted rooms next to each other and we do as of now but finding to other rooms next to each other at this point might not be so easy.

extended balconies are across the back of the ship.

you have an 8a the lowest category balcony.

being next door to friends really need not be important unless you are going to open the balcony up.

being next door to friends really need not be important unless you are going to open the balcony up.

oops..thanks Serene,,,good luck OP....

I called back last night and after 30 minutes of complaining just trying to get them to move me to a differnt location as I wouldnt have booked that room if I would have known it wasnt an extended balcony that I was supposed to be getting. It got to the point where I threatened them that this would be our last cruise with carnival as I have been a very loyal carnival cruiser the last several years, well they didnt seem to care and told me they wernt willing to compensate me in any way or move me to another room. They just kept saying all the rooms are booked while I was sitting in front of a cpu telling them I see many rooms that are still open. I am very dissapointed in carnival right now and I belive after this I may come back eventually and try again but I will be looking at Royal Caribbean for my next cruise. They have false advertised, lied to me and told me I didnt matter to them and didnt care whether or not I ever cruised with them again. Thats what I got out of the conversation I had with carnival.

did you book direct with carnival or using an agent?

if direct-- just call and say you see they are offering upgrades on your sailing and you see 7448 is available and you would like to move there if possible

you sailing is almost full so I would not wait to do this move

Hi-- I was the one who posted pix of 6493 Magic on cruise line rooms dot com. We really enjoyed the room, although because of the layout, we only had a small table and one chair--no sofa. But we really did not miss one. We loved waking up in the AM and being able to "see the sea" while still in bed through those huge windows. And we did make plenty of good use of the bigger balcony. That being said, we are a little older, (mid sixties), and like spending probably a bit more time in the room and on the balcony. But we would get that cabin again in a heartbeat. We had an Aft Balcony on the Breeze this summer, and loved the balcony, but the room was made for midgets--no extra table and what seemed like only an extra dining room chair, and little room to even walk around the bed. Hey, to each their own! Just offering up my opinion. Now we are off to the Pride in a few minutes and our first suite! Stay tuned...haha Happy New Year.

I wouldn't touch 6481 on the Magic with a 10 foot pole unless you stay up late. It is above right where the Piano Bar and Spotlight Lounge come together. You will probably have to listen to whatever is happening in the lounge/piano bar in your room. Unless I am up on deck 12 on Carnival in spa accomodations I want a deck of passenger cabins above and below my cabin. We had an 8A once over the showroom and I thought I would lose my mind from the noise.

, to each their own! Just offering up my opinion. Now we are off to the Pride in a few minutes and our first suite! Stay tuned...haha Happy New Year.

the best balcony on the pride:

http://travelingnuts.com/2011cruise/images/DSCN0188.JPG

did you get a suite on the corners?

We just booked the Magic for Sept 2013. We booked the large balcony, 6468. We are looking forward to the different layout ourselves.

My sister had gone thru the booking process on Carnival and asked for the 24 hr hold. She booked cabin 6485. I informed her that cabin is directly above the piano bar. Last year we had a cabin above the piano bar. Let's just say on the last nite at 1:30 am DH went down there in his bathrobe, walked in and just glared at everyone in there. They finally closed down after that. She changed her booking ASAP.

Run, don't walk, from cabin 6481. You will regret it.

:mad:

We just booked the Magic for Sept 2013. We booked the large balcony, 6468. We are looking forward to the different layout ourselves.

My sister had gone thru the booking process on Carnival and asked for the 24 hr hold. She booked cabin 6485. I informed her that cabin is directly above the piano bar. Last year we had a cabin above the piano bar. Let's just say on the last nite at 1:30 am DH went down there in his bathrobe, walked in and just glared at everyone in there. They finally closed down after that. She changed her booking ASAP.

Run, don't walk, from cabin 6481. You will regret it.

I tried to get out of the cabin thats part of the reason im so mad at Carnival they wont do anything for me basically told me I would have to deal with it even if it means losing a loyal Carnival cruiser. So I guess ill be up all night staying above the piano bar

carnival fills theirs ships each and every week.

I agree they do not care about losing a customer.

After next year I will not longer be cruising-- not that I am an unhappy camper-- er cruiser but I am needing something different

Wow..what cabin is that?

its a spirt class ship- legend, pride, miracle and Spirit.

there are only three of these balconies on the entire ship.

this balcony is cheaper then a suite.

6232 holds 4 people

7258 and 8332 hold 2.

and 5234 but its a handicapped cabin- and is obstructed-- longer balcony but rather narrow

Archived