Grand Suite on Ecstasy

azgkrudi

Has anyone recently sailed in a suite on the Ecstasy? We've never sailed Carnival at all but are considering booking a GS for my husband's birthday on the February 2 sailing out of Port Canaveral.

Any tips for us newbies about the suites, dining, and the ship in general? At dinner, are we able to get a table for just the two of us? All the cruises we have been on so far, we've had wide-open freestyle dining, with no set times or table mates.

Since we don't have children, we'll be looking for the more quiet places on the ship - are there any low-key bars/lounges (NOT dance/nightclub style)?

While cruising, we also like to start the day off with a mimosa or a bloody mary. Are any of the bars open early enough for that?

Thanks in advance!

Has anyone recently sailed in a suite on the Ecstasy? We've never sailed Carnival at all but are considering booking a GS for my husband's birthday on the February 2 sailing out of Port Canaveral.

Any tips for us newbies about the suites, dining, and the ship in general? At dinner, are we able to get a table for just the two of us? All the cruises we have been on so far, we've had wide-open freestyle dining, with no set times or table mates.

Since we don't have children, we'll be looking for the more quiet places on the ship - are there any low-key bars/lounges (NOT dance/nightclub style)?

While cruising, we also like to start the day off with a mimosa or a bloody mary. Are any of the bars open early enough for that?

Thanks in advance!

I was going to reply when I saw your thread first pop up since I haven't been on the Ecstacy, but I have been in a grand suite on a sister ship so the room will be the same and the experience will be similar.

The grand suite is nice. It's got plenty of room and a nice sized balcony. It's also got a small jacuzzi tub and a granite countertop in the bathroom. There's a good sized closet and plenty of drawers for storage. The room has a mini bar and if you so choose, you can empty the mini bar items out of the fridge and use it for other things if you need to. You are allowed to bring two 12 packs of soda or water per person and one 750ml bottle of wine per person.

There will be bar service in the mornings serving whatever drinks you choose. There will also be a bar server pushing around a bloody mary/mimosa cart on Lido and through the dining room before noon each day so you can grab one off of them. They are really good and will make them to your liking.

The ship is smaller and more intimate. There are bars spread out from bow to stern and most of them will be open throughout the day. There are plenty of places to hide out and relax. Just check your Fun Times and see where the activities will be held so you will know which bar areas to avoid when you're looking for private time. Don't forget that you can also order food from room service (free but give $1 or $2 tip) and have it delivered to your cabin to enjoy on your balcony. They also offer bar service delivered to your room at standard bar prices.

For dining, you can choose Anytime Dining and it will be a lot like the freestyle dining that you are used to. You can go to dinner any time between 5:45-9:45. You can request a table for two each night when you check in with the hostess. You also have the option of sitting with others if you decide you would like to try that one evening. Just make that request with the hostess as well.

Here are some pictures of our grand suite.

Bahamas2012066-Copy.jpg

Bahamas2012064-Copy.jpg

Bahamas2012063-Copy.jpg

Bahamas2012068-Copy.jpg

Bahamas2012072-Copy.jpg

Bahamas2012073-Copy.jpg

I'm sorry that a couple of the pictures didn't show up. I will try posting a few more. Photobucket is terrible and either doesn't work half of the time or the links are bad. Each time I look at my previous post there are two pictures that aren't showing up, but it's different ones each time I open the thread again. If the pictures aren't showing when you look at this then you can try looking through my review in my signature. There are pictures of the room in it as well.

If there are just 2 of you the OS would be fine too. We've stayed in the GS on the Sensation, Ecstasy and Triumph and they were good as far as space, but on Carnival I wouldn't waste the money on the GS, since there are no perks other than priority embarkation and debarkation, which we already get with Platinum status. We've gotten GS cabins on Royal Caribbean's Voyager class ships for 7 nights that come with lots of perks for less money than a GS on Carnival for 5 nights.

This is great information - thanks! Those pictures are very consistent with the YouTube videos I have seen of the Ecstasy GS.

We've been spoiled by having a suite on every cruise we've done, so if we book a Carnival cruise, it will definitely be in a suite. The prices are very reasonable compared to other lines. We are more into the ship experience than the port experience, especially when we've been to the port(s) already. We just love to cruise!!!

We got off the Ecstasy Dec 8 in a GS.The only things different were our balcony had 2 chairs plus 2 loungers and we went on as VIP's (one of the perks as we had not sailed enough yet to be VIP status). Super deal, Also you can go directly to your room IF the ship you sail on also has FTTF if you are VIP.

I just sailed the Ecstasy in grand suite with the extended balcony and loved it. The pictures posted here are exactly what it looked like. The ship has faster to the fun so we were able to go right to our cabin. We were in our cabin with luggage just after 11:30am.

We had a really good time. Love Half Moon Cay!!!

The November 10, 2012 sailing on the Ecstasy was our room. I thought I was looking at pics from my room...only on the other side of the ship.:D

Anyhoo...feel free to check out my review for actual Ecstasy GS pics.

Our suite was wonderful and our stateroom steward, Ranil, was THE BEST!

Archived