15th Anniversary Cruise - Millenium

gfromftlaud

:D

Happy New Year to all. A friend told me that they left late on a previous cruise and that they allowed everyone to board at the normal time (1 pm).

I believe that they are trying to allow for everyone to attend that Winter Party, but word on the street is that not many are planning on attending it. Most people that I have talked with say that they are planning on boarding the ship early.

Less than 2 months till we cruise.

Bryan

First time cruiser and noting that the Atlantis cruise is much more informal, I wanted to ask about attire in the upscale restaurant. Still very casual there or would khakis and button-down shirt be more approriate / required? Thanks guys - can't wait for this vacation / cruise. -CW

That should be fine. As long as you are not wearing jeans it is good. They ask that you dress for dinner in the specialty dinning, but I have seen a few people wearing jeans (they later said they felt way too casual).

If you are concerned you can call Atlantis and they can give you a better idea of what to expect.

Enjoy the cruise.

Being a first time cruiser and having read a lot of the threads here has been really helpful. Though still a little unsure of "costsumes" our group should bring. It's my understanding that there will be at least a "white party" - which is pretty straight forward (no pun intended) and some sort of military-themed party, right? Anybody have any more info based on experience - or maybe some insight as to what Atlantis is planning for their 15th anniversary. Maybe I'm hoping for too much, but I would think they'd pull out the stops for this anniversary cruise. Any idea on the entertainers for this cruise . . . other than our fellow passengers, which I'm sure will provide hours of entertainment <EG>.

Based on past experience there should be Dog Tag, Mardi Gras, Tropical Heat, Classic Disco, Beach Ball, and the grandaddy of them all, the White Party. And maybe an 80's party.

Dog Tag is the one where the costumes run military/police. And where everyone gets there Atlantis dog tag for the trip. It's also where colored stickers are put on the dog tags... green, yellow, or red... based on your availability. It is early in the trip so you can scope out the single guys or frisky couples ;-)

-Chris in DC

Here is all the information about the T-Dance!!

DOG TAG TEA DANCE

Aloha all,

This one is for the seasoned cruisers who have always been confused about what dog tag colors to wear. I should also be informative for those new cruisers who do not know what the Dog Tag Tea Dance is. For the new guys, this is the first big party usually held on the first full day of the cruise from about 4-7 depending on the cruise. We are all given an Atlantis dog tag and chain that has embossed on it the name of the cruise and the year. It is a great souvenir and you will see lots of veteran cruisers wearing a chain with several tags (one for each cruise).

This party is always fun because it is amazing how people will surprise you with their color choices. Many definitely single guys with Red and Many couples with green.

Another part of this party is the colored stickers. Unfortunately they ONLY have 3 colors which 'officially' mean:

Available

Buy me a drink and lets talk

Not Available

Lets come up with some ideas of what combinations we could use to convey more information. I have always considered 3 greens to mean 'Desperate - Will consider any and all offers". I have seen guys with one of each color. What does that one mean?

Suggested Codes and combos. (Note: There is NO WAY Atlantis is going to bring more than these colors so don't even ask). Any single color just needs to be by itself. Use multiple stickers to emphasize it. (PS: No codes on purpose to signify NO COUPLES. You will just have to politely tell them NO. I think red can easily be used to show either you are married or not willing to be married.

Single and EASY - names not required. ONE for just single. The more green dots the more intense.

OR

Single and NOT That easy. Lets get to know each other a bit.

OR None at all or just with my husband.

OR

Unavailable for marriage but can be playful.

OR

Married but playful.

Someone pointed out to me that many playful married couples OVERLAP two stickers to show they are a couple. I would assume that green is a little friskier than the yellow. I had seen this done but never figured it out.

We see this a lot. What does it mean?

Of course you can have NO DOTS AT All to keep up the mystery!

So, what ideas do you all have? Please try to make combos that are not too hard to remember.

I hope I did not scare any cruise virgins with this one.

So back to this costume thing.

Do folks wear real costumes to any of the parties or is it just circuit/leather type of outfits? Having been a FantasyFest participant for close to 20 years, we have bins of costumes from belly dancers to Cleopatras to the Androgenous Rockets to the tallest and biggest (and best0 Carmen Mirandas you have ever seen.....is this the sort of thing folks wear or should we should bring our chaps and vest?

Clay

Bring your chaps and vest but you'll see more of the actual theme costumes. It all depends on how much you want to carry. Among others, there will be disco divas, pimp daddies, carmen mirandas, stewardess, bad Cher's, and of course, the village people. It really is a hoot. At the late night parties guys will often ditch the costumes after an hour or two however.

-Chris in DC

p.s. and remember to bring door decorations

Thanks! I guess we will plan on bringing a bin full o'costumes! Not sure about the door decorations....have to think on that one for a while. Any other suggestions of things we need to bring/figure out for an Atlantis cruise that we wouldn't need for a mainline cruise?

Clay

• 2 weeks later...

We can hardly wait. I have already put together our door decorations and we have started working on our White Party attire.

Hope everyone is doing well and look forward to meeting some of you on board. We are in cabin 7002.

Bryan & Scott

RRustman, sounds like you will be having more fun than me! One of my coworkers is getting married so we get to go to his wedding in Miami Beach.

Can some of you experienced Atlantis cruisers give me an idea on shore excursions? Are there any special altantis ones or should I just look at the celebrity website or the boards on here to see what is going to be available?

Clay

Atlantis sends out the pertinent info about 2 weeks before the cruise. Usually there are no special Atlantis shore excursions, just the ones from the cruise line.

I'm not sure there will be much to decide in advance except for St Maarten. Coco Cay is a private island where I think you pick things to do once there and St Criox is not a usual stop so Celebrity doesn't list any shore excursion. St Maarten is beautiful with abundant options.

-Chris in DC

Since first time cruiser don't know much about the logistics of the cruise - what's the address of the Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades???) pier from where the ship sets sail? Does anybody know if there are rental car return lots right by the pier so as to avoid returning a car to one location and then having to have a limo pick us up and drop us off at the pier? Going down to Ft. Lauderdale a few days earlier so we probably need to have a car to get around - as I understand it things are pread out a bit. Thanks. -CW

I received my Celebrity number yesterday in an email from Atlantis and was able to download their Cruise Vacation Guide from the website. That has a lot of good info in it. I was also able to download my Celebrity XPRESS Pass (took a while to get into the Celebrity check in site, but Atlantis warned it might be busy the first coulple of days).

Anyway, I think I'm set. I'm tentatively planning to go down to Ft. Lauderdale on the 4th and spend a night at the Bamboo Resort - I started late and it was the only place I could find.

I'm really looking forward to it even if I am a little nervous (never been around so many gay men before :p) but pretty sure I'll love it. So sure, I guess, that I'm already reserved on the Mexican Riviera Cruise (San Diego to Acapulco) in October.

See you all in a little more than a couple of weeks!

Kevin

Well lets see...I got my reservation number and was about to everything but register which is ok. So onwards we go. My friend Ed and I are staying at the Westin in Ft. Lauderdale on the 4th. SOOO EXCITED. We are going to be going to the pre-cruise party at the Collesium...can't wait. I also rented an SUV on the 4th so that it would be easier to get around as EVERYTHING in Ft. Lauderdale is so spread apart. I can't wait to meet all you men!!

This was my first time checking in since X started letting you do it online. While it wasn't a breeze it wasn't awful either. So we are all done and have our boarding passess printed out. Now the long wait!

We went ahead and signed up for the 12 meter race excursion in St. Marten...anyone else find it strange that they are only offering one of these since we are there all day and most of the nite?

Clay

Archived