Grand Turk, Aruba, Curaçao, La Romania

fozziscooter

Has anyone stopped at these ports and shopped at nearby stores with baby and toddler items?

I'm curious about your sailing date. We're on Breeze Feb 16 doing the same itinerary that you've posted. I cannot find a sailing for the date you've posted. In any case, we are traveling with a toddler and a 10 month old. We are packing and taking every single thing we may think we need. I would not count on being able to find baby and toddler supplies in any of the ports. Sure, there may be some items available, but I doubt they're the same things you're used to. Also, I expect the prices to be sky high. My advice is to pack what you think you will need.

There will be nothing near the cruise port in Grand Turk. Just tourist stuff. Great pool at Margaritaville, though. I think you can find stuff in Aruba, in Curacao yu will likely have to cross the Queen Emma pontoon bridge to that shopping area. Have not been to La Romana. EM

We'll also be traveling on the Feb 16th Breeze with a 13 month old! It will be our first time sailing with a little one. Are you bringing pack and plays or using the ship cribs?

We're traveling with DS, DIL and our two grandchildren ages 10 months and 2 years old. DH and I are doing all the planning and paying, but Mom and Dad aren't interested in hauling a pack 'n play around. I called Carnival and requested a crib for one of the cabins. I've read here that the condition of the beds is hit or miss. We'll see. I hope we didn't make a mistake with that. We're planning on the toddler sleeping on the sofa bed in either his parents cabin or ours.

For those interested in what we'll be doing in port...so far we have booked one of those private cabanas at Grand Turk. They are now sold out. I know this because when I booked on Carnival's website, it told me I got the last one available.

In La Romana we're going to Dreams Resort. It's an all inclusive day pass and that includes alcohol, food, access to their beach and pool, towels and any equipment available.

We are still working on the other ports, though it seems likely we may end up doing a couple of cultural type tours in Aruba and Curacao...booked through Carnival. We'll probably end up selecting tours of only 2 to 3 hours in duration because of the kids.

I'm curious about your sailing date. We're on Breeze Feb 16 doing the same itinerary that you've posted. I cannot find a sailing for the date you've posted. In any case, we are traveling with a toddler and a 10 month old. We are packing and taking every single thing we may think we need. I would not count on being able to find baby and toddler supplies in any of the ports. Sure, there may be some items available, but I doubt they're the same things you're used to. Also, I expect the prices to be sky high. My advice is to pack what you think you will need.

We are sailing on the 16th too. We plan on packing what we need but it was be nice to know ahead of time if there is a place we can pick up some extra supplies if needed.

We'll also be traveling on the Feb 16th Breeze with a 13 month old! It will be our first time sailing with a little one. Are you bringing pack and plays or using the ship cribs?

We are getting one crib in our stateroom...I think they will only provide one per room. I am hoping we do not have to drag a pack and play with us. I may get the pea pod lite for our 8 month old and/or pack some inflatable bed rails for our bed.

We are also on the breeze on the 16th. Traveling with our 3 year old and 19 month old daughters. The last time we sailed with our then 15th month old we had a crib in our stateroom...you May want to bring a crib sheet as they only use regular sheets and tuck them under.

We are also on the breeze on the 16th. Traveling with our 3 year old and 19 month old daughters. The last time we sailed with our then 15th month old we had a crib in our stateroom...you May want to bring a crib sheet as they only use regular sheets and tuck them under.

Thanks for the info! Do you know if they will provide small blankets to use in the crib and for the other bed we paln to bring? I plan on bringing two blankets (one for each girl) but it would be nice to have another on hand in case one gets dirty, etc.

Thanks for the info! Do you know if they will provide small blankets to use in the crib and for the other bed we paln to bring? I plan on bringing two blankets (one for each girl) but it would be nice to have another on hand in case one gets dirty, etc.

No small blankets. I would definitely bring your own. Worse case scenario throw them n the wash

Archived