Advice on caribbean excursions please.

Anyone done the Coche Island ships shorex? anyone?

Howabout the rhumba bus thing? is it worth it?

I really dont want a repeat performance on this island:(

Not done either but booked for the Rhumba one so I'll report back on our return. ;) (And ask around to see if I can get any feedback on the other one - mind since they're dropping this port next year there won't be too many more stops here.)

Are you going again????

Not done either but booked for the Rhumba one so I'll report back on our return. ;) (And ask around to see if I can get any feedback on the other one

that would be marvellous, thnks eversomuch:cool:

hope they have cleared up that garbage strike? should have by now? fingers crossed for you

have a fab time...it'll be fantastic to leave this weather behind.....it would be good to hear your opinions on the ship too

Am going again in March:cool: same week as last year....counting down the hours minutes and seconds.....its so sloooow:(

that would be marvellous, thnks eversomuch

hope they have cleared up that garbage strike? should have by now? fingers crossed for you

have a fab time...it'll be fantastic to leave this weather behind.....it would be good to hear your opinions on the ship too

Am going again in March same week as last year....counting down the hours minutes and seconds.....its so sloooow

Oh that wil be lovely - something to look forward to. ;) Thought you must going again be given your questions.

Yes off this weekend (weather permitting) and as you might imagine, I'll give my verdict on the refurb too!

But if the ship is up to the standard and enjoyment levels of our previous trips on her I'll be very happy!

I will report on our experiences of the ship/excursions and listen carefully to others' experiences of ports and trips too so I can pass on as much relevant info as poss.

I can't thank other CCers enough from what I've learned on here. I so much appreciate what others have posted in terms of advice/info and have gained so much from reading about others' experiences - I feel if anyone can benefit from our successful and less successful days in port then I'm happy to help. It's good to share! ;)

We've done a lot of research for this cruise and we have been to the Caribbean before but even then, in reading hammers research/cut and paste of port reviews I suddenly realised there are two bus stations in Bridgetown and we were going to head for the one we used last time to go North. Apparently buses for where we want to go (South) leave from the other station. :eek: (Thought we'd been so thorough too - even getting the bus times on sundays from the tourist office!) So that was a useful snippet - we now have a Google map of how to get to the right one!!!!! Just shows you can never be too prepared - or that you shouldn't get too complacent about thinking you've got it cracked! :eek::D

Thanks very much for your good wishes geomagot. :) I'll be in touch!

Blimey I though I had a lot of holidays

A month in the Caribbean and you are going again? :rolleyes::D:D

Have you won the lottery?:rolleyes: :D

nope...sadly not...keep hoping tho

just addicted to cruising;)

this ones my retirement bash....any excuse, i know, i know

just me and the beloved (countess dowager lady magot of downton) & no kids....hurrah

Thanks for helpful suggestions and links. I wish it were me going on the cruise but it's my step son and daughter in law celebrating a special birthday. I knew that Thomson cruisers would come up with good ideas. Thanks again.:):)

Any additional ideas still appreciated.:)

Hi i'm the above mentioned DIL

we are just back from our cruise aboard the Dream and it was spectacular we couldn't fault it.

Thanks to your tips and a bit of research on trip advisor, heres what we did

Margarita island...Rhumba On the Chiva...OMG what a fun time we had on this!! we laughed , danced, the journey to the beach was quite subdued , very nice views at times, but out of all the stops on the cruise this island had the least to see.

The beach you get taken to is nice ,we had 2 hrs there, lots of rum and a little snack, then it was back on the bus was when the party started...ive never laughed so much....teaching a lovely 80 yr old lady to Gangam Style and macarena was something else ...DO THIS TOUR ITS WORTH EVERY PENNY!!

Tobago- we had booked independently to do "being with horses" tour after reading reviews on T.A but the owner had contacted us 2 days prior to arrival to tell us that the water had become quite rough and it wasn't safe for the horses to take us into the water for the swim.

so we hooked up with another couple and paid $20 per couple to go to Pigeon point bay (beach)in a taxi which was spectacular.. don't do the Thomson version of this..they were at the beach for an hr and a half and paid double what we did each!! and we were there from 10-3pm.

Grenada- we booked independently AJ meddy tours ...wow fantastic value..we packed so much into the day Google him and his reviews...we did the west coast tour, spice plantations, waterfalls,rainforest, eco site , nutmeg station.was fun filled and interesting between 4 of us it was $140 and Neil our driver dropped us off at Great Anse beach for the afternoon and we got a water taxi back to the boat which was $4 pp and a lovely end to the day.

st.vincent......we took the water taxi to the beach ...miami vice style !! it was exhilarating!! $15 pp via pirates water taxis.....and worth every $ the beach was narrow but nice and once there you can take a short water taxi ($5) over to the most stunning island which has a hotel on it where johnny depp stayed when filming Pirates OTC.

St.Lucia...like many people on here we booked with corsol tours...again simply fantastic value , filled with amazing stops, breakfast, hot bread, drinks and our fun driver Yellow Bird was a great credit to the company!!... don't want to write too much and spoil the surprises..but it was stunning and the best tour of the week!

Barbados we just went in a taxi to Carlisle beach talcum powder sand blue calm sea perfect...

so thanks all for your tips, if anybody would like more info get in touch.

Rachel:):):)

great info here <3_Buble :cool:....thanks eversomuch

was it very busy on the beach you went to on margarita

Nevermind the beach - The Rhumba one sounds just the ticket geomagot! ;) :D

Thanks <3_Buble, really interesting read. Pleased you had such a great time. :)

Archived