cann't decide on shore excursions

Bluestar01

we are first time cruisers, travelling with 2 kids 6 yrs & younger. Will be going on NCL star from NOLA, visiting Belize, Cozumel, costa Maya & Roatan. Cann't decide which shore excursions ot book. want to do Dolphin encounter, submarine to barrier reef, at least 1 beach day , and may be something to do with other animals, or visit mayan ruins. All the experienced out there, what are your suggestions? Where to look into.

Thanks.

we are first time cruisers, travelling with 2 kids 6 yrs & younger. Will be going on NCL star from NOLA, visiting Belize, Cozumel, costa Maya & Roatan. Cann't decide which shore excursions ot book. want to do Dolphin encounter, submarine to barrier reef, at least 1 beach day , and may be something to do with other animals, or visit mayan ruins. All the experienced out there, what are your suggestions? Where to look into.

Thanks.

Look on the port of call boards for these ports. There's lots of info. I've been researching those ports too. I'm thinking about the following:

COZUMEL: Beach day at Mister Sanchos or Nachi Cohum.

BELIZE: Cave tubing

COSTA MAYA-not sure yet-we are only in port a few hours, but probably just a beach day at the beach by the port.

ROATAN: Ziplining

Note that we will have a 6 year old with us too and a 1 year old. I will not book through the cruise lines as they are too expensive and crowded. The one year old will be staying with grandma on the ship when we zip, but he can do everything else.

Have fun!

In Costa Maya the dolphin encounter is *right* there at the pier, you can walk to it and observe from many locations for free. Both Cozumel and Costa Maya have bustling shopping areas and little beaches (no swimming) to hang out on.

This is our favorite itinerary - done it 5+ times.

Cozumel: We LOVE Punta Sur. There is a lighthouse with amazing views. A lagoon with crocodiles, fabulous reef for snorkeling, hammocks for relaxing, and a long gorgeous beach away from the crowds. We reserve Crescencio Lopez creslopez41955@hotmail. He is so friendly and very reliable. He will make sure you have a great day. Much better than just getting a random driver at the pier(some do not speak good English and are less than friendly).

Belize: We like the cavetubing excursion with cavetubing.bz(very important that you type .bz, not .com. Vitalino will get you to the rainforest ahead of the crowds. They have new equipment that meets the highest safety standards. My little girl did this excursion for the first time at 3 1/2. She had no problem with the hike(rode on daddy's shoulders a little bit) - it is not strenuous and the guides walk at a reasonable pace. Lots of interesting things to see along the way. She rode on my husbands lap - worked out great.

Costa Maya: We really like Tropicante. Email Steve for reservations and he will have chairs waiting for you. The food and drinks are excellent and very reasonably price. - Better value than the AI places unless you drinks constantly. The restaurant is really clean. My DD just loves Jorge - he will take good care of you. The beach here is beautiful.

Roatan: Definately book Ronystours.com He is AWESOME - so friendly. You can go play with the monkeys, zip if you like, go to a fabulous beach, see the island. Rony is very dedicated to make sure you have the best time possible. If you are on Carnival, it is tempting to just stay at Mahogany Bay. Roatan is a beautiful island with the most gorgeous, clear water you will see.

Archived