Interior w/Picture Window... Breeze or Any Ship

Elaine515

We are now booked in a interior midsip but have the opportunity to change to an interior w/picture window in the very forward of the Breeze... Has anyone ever been in any of these cabins? Can you tell me, can other passengers look into your cabin? Is it strange to leave the curtains open and see people walking past? How is the front of the ship as far as motion of the ship?

We have always had midship, mostly interior, but sometimes oceanview.. never the very front of a ship.. Can someone please tell me about it and if possible, post pictures would be great... The particular cabin in question is Breeze 10204. Thanks

We are now booked in a interior midsip but have the opportunity to change to an interior w/picture window in the very forward of the Breeze... Has anyone ever been in any of these cabins? Can you tell me, can other passengers look into your cabin? Is it strange to leave the curtains open and see people walking past? How is the front of the ship as far as motion of the ship?

We have always had midship, mostly interior, but sometimes oceanview.. never the very front of a ship.. Can someone please tell me about it and if possible, post pictures would be great... The particular cabin in question is Breeze 10204. Thanks

Here a LINK from a past cruiser review.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1749810

Here the name of the review

Carnival Breeze 12/2 - My Quick Take

JoanK

If we're not splurging for a balcony or a suite on Carnival, we get one of these cabins. We've had them three times and we'll be in 6201 on our next cruise in April. The cabin is roughly 185 sq. feet with the same picture window that is in the OV cabins. It's wonderful to have a quick exit to the bow of the ship in the morning to take pictures. We've only seen a couple of people on the deck. Most don't know about it. If you don't have a lot of lights on in the cabin, no one can really see in during the day. We keep the drapes closed at night. We were in 6201 on the Dream and it seemed to be a little larger and had a sofa. We were in 7201 on the Magic and it had a chair instead of a sofa. The same was true of 6201 on the Glory.

Sorry, I don't know about the cabins on Deck 10. We haven't had a chance to book 4J's on the higher decks yet. I'll be watching to see what opens on our Breeze cruise in January, 2014.

We used to book OV's a lot but I'd consider an OV to be a downgrade from the 4J.

magic-7201-1.jpg.b795e31e34cb0376d3a2cc39979485ea.jpg

magic-7201-2.jpg.7d46d4c960d2de0fd5b19f1bca96a592.jpg

magic-7201-3.jpg.b4a6d1020e4fd7ccedd0cb367a2dd4f1.jpg

magic-7201-4.jpg.28087a7cde66803e4b0244ef09ffa199.jpg

601542344_Dream6201(1).jpg.29e300dc9a68e62033c1e73f8cd587b5.jpg

Edited by Vettebuf

Just in case you aren't aware, this is an accesssible cabin so you could be bumped if they need it and if you don't require it. As long as you are up front with Carnival that you don't need it, if that is the case, There's nothing wrong with taking it, especially this close to sailing. These pics are from 10203, the mirror image of ths 10204 on the other side

stateroom10203%20%284%29_500.jpg

stateroom10203%20%287%29_500.jpg

stateroom10203%20%283%29_500.jpg

Those cabins can be nice. Let be warn you sailing in the forward cabins on the sister ship Dream. If your in rough seas, your going to have a rough time. We hit a wave that lifted me right off the bed, I'm not kidding.

Keep your curtains closed, they do look in ;). Other than that , it's nice to have a semi private deck.

It should be a handycap room. They are larger than most. It is hard to see in room. They are nice rooms.

If it is a handicap cabin and someone needs it, I will have absolutely positively have no problem giving it up... My parents are cruising with us and they are booked in a handicap cabin and I know they are hard to get. I would gladly give it to someone who needs it... :)

we have stayed in one of these 4J cabins. And no they are not ALL HANDICAP ROOMS.

During the day If the lights are on in your cabin and someone looks directly into the window from a very close distance they can see in

At night time yes people can see in. Just keep your drapes closed when lights are on

If you have one of the corner 4J that are next to the exit doors It can be loud as others tend to let the door slam when they go out:(:rolleyes:

Will be in this cabin ourselves in October..can you PLEASE come back and post pictures? There are actually photos of 10203 on cruise line rooms dot com

Edited by Crazy4Koko

I had one of these cabins on Carnival Triumph in January 2011. We rarely saw anyone out on the forward deck except during sail away. Yes, people can see into your room in the evenings if you leave your cabin lights on, but this can be solved by closing your blinds in the evening, since you can't see anything at night anyway.

During the daytime, the one-way mirror type tinting on the windows prevents anyone from seeing into your room unless they press their faces directly against the glass.

I would take the upgrade if it is available. I actually prefer it to an oceanview cabin because of the forward view.

I had one of these cabins on Carnival Triumph in January 2011. We rarely saw anyone out on the forward deck except during sail away. Yes, people can see into your room in the evenings if you leave your cabin lights on, but this can be solved by closing your blinds in the evening, since you can't see anything at night anyway.

During the daytime, the one-way mirror type tinting on the windows prevents anyone from seeing into your room unless they press their faces directly against the glass.

I had one on the Splendor this month, and every time I came back to the cabin (day or night) the cabin attendant would have closed not only the sheers, but also the curtains. Did not bother me, I would just open the curtains during the day so that some light came in.

At night they need the curtains closed because the bridge needs total darkness for them to see out front. I have read that if you open the curtains at night and you leave the light on to the extent that it is interfering with visibility, then the bridge will send someone down to sort out the problem...

P1190815.jpg.96f2bdd08dbabcce8eba1125d9175cdd.jpg

Now, one more thing... now we have a choice of interior w/picture window on either Upper, Empress or Lido deck !!! Which one ???

As I said in my previous post, 6201 on Upper had a sofa, 7201 on Empress did not and seemed to be a little smaller. If you look at the profile of the ship, you'll see that the cabins at the bow are indented as they you go to the higher decks. This may be why the cabins have smaller lengths as you go up to the higher decks. No sure. If you want the roomiest feel and a sofa, I'd go for Upper.

The Lido deck room seems to be a square more than a rectangle.

Edited by Vettebuf

If it is a handicap cabin and someone needs it, I will have absolutely positively have no problem giving it up... My parents are cruising with us and they are booked in a handicap cabin and I know they are hard to get. I would gladly give it to someone who needs it... :)

Elaine,

As someone said, they are not all handicap. If I had a choice, I would choose one on Upper or Empress. The secret deck outside the ones on the LIdo deck are very very windy. We could not stay out there on the Dream.

We had a 4J on the Dream on the Empress deck and when we hit rough waters, there was lots of clanking and banging. Didn't bother us but I have read reviews where people complained about it.

The secret decks give you the best view coming into port or leaving a port. Cabin balconies views cannot compare.

• 2 years later...
If we're not splurging for a balcony or a suite on Carnival, we get one of these cabins. We've had them three times and we'll be in 6201 on our next cruise in April. The cabin is roughly 185 sq. feet with the same picture window that is in the OV cabins. It's wonderful to have a quick exit to the bow of the ship in the morning to take pictures. We've only seen a couple of people on the deck. Most don't know about it. If you don't have a lot of lights on in the cabin, no one can really see in during the day. We keep the drapes closed at night. We were in 6201 on the Dream and it seemed to be a little larger and had a sofa. We were in 7201 on the Magic and it had a chair instead of a sofa. The same was true of 6201 on the Glory.

Sorry, I don't know about the cabins on Deck 10. We haven't had a chance to book 4J's on the higher decks yet. I'll be watching to see what opens on our Breeze cruise in January, 2014.

We used to book OV's a lot but I'd consider an OV to be a downgrade from the 4J.

Did you think glory 6201 seemed smaller than a regular inside? I leaning toward booking this cabin rather than a lido inside.

Those cabins can be nice. Let be warn you sailing in the forward cabins on the sister ship Dream. If your in rough seas, your going to have a rough time. We hit a wave that lifted me right off the bed, I'm not kidding.

Keep your curtains closed, they do look in ;). Other than that , it's nice to have a semi private deck.

I had a 4j on the Breeze and was hung over one day really bad so i stayed in the cabin during the sea day. It was crazy, every 45 seconds or so we hit a wave and the whole cabin shook! I did like it overall though.

We have 10206, Lido Deck, booked on the Dream which is on the side not the front. It isn't handicap accessible and I don't think it has a couch. I'm hoping we'll get a chance to upgrade/upsell to one that is; they are roomier. If not, I'm excited to try this room for the semi private balcony area and I love being on higher decks.

We have 10206, Lido Deck, booked on the Dream which is on the side not the front. It isn't handicap accessible and I don't think it has a couch. I'm hoping we'll get a chance to upgrade/upsell to one that is; they are roomier. If not, I'm excited to try this room for the semi private balcony area and I love being on higher decks.

??? 10206 is on the front, but just the outermost room on the front. We had her sister room (10205) that is exactly the same. We loved the room. It is almost twice the size of a normal OV room, but no, it doesn't have a couch. We rarely heard any noise (not even slamming doors to the deck), but it is VERY windy on that front deck, so we would step out there for short times only. However, it is a GREAT place to be when pulling into a port.

While I love being on Lido, you are at the totally opposite end of the ship for any of the food venues, pool, etc. and it is a VERY long walk on this size ship. (I personally like midship.)

Thanks for the response, I'm excited to hear from someone who has actually stayed in this room. It's nice to hear that it has extra room, I understand on some ships, if requested, the room steward can supply a small table and chair to put in the corner. I'm looking forward to the sights when pulling into port and I'm ready to do a lot of walking. Room service is also an option for morning coffee.