Radiance, Maui and Hana Questions

basilh

Has anyone travelling on the Radiance taken the Haleakala downhill bike ride? I hear the tenders run all night but I am curious - if yes what company did you use?

And everyone says start the Road to Hana early - how early? We don't dock until 7 a.m. and are tendered so I doubt we would be able to start before 8:30 - would it be a total loss then?

Thanks!

basilh: While we did not take the Radiance, we were on the Serenade 9/04. Yes, the tenders do run all night on a reduced schedule. You can ask the tender attendants once in Maui for the schedule for overnight tenders (ours ran 1 round trip per hour from approx 11PM to 7AM). Yes, we did the bike ride, with Maui Downhill. This group is VERY safety minded and we would us them again! ;) They are not the cheapest, but we also saw how some of the other companies handled their groups safety matters. A word of caution, not all companies are equal!

We did not do the road to Hana, however we did have friends that did do it on the first day without any problems.

Bruce

It is certainly not a total loss even if you start the Road later. But expect the Road to be much more crowded with impatient people behind you tailgating you at times and that the turnoff parking areas will be much more full. Go as far as you feel comfortable given the time that your ship is leaving and turn back with plenty of time to spare.

Spleen

Archived