Eggs Benedict for breakfast room service?

SpeedsterX

I make my own tray and bring it back to the cabin.

I'm concerned about reading about the disappearing buffet trays.

In the last 2 years I've been on the Conquest, Ecstasy, Triumph and Magic and haven't had a tray in the buffet that whole time. I get two of the oval platters and then invert one over the top of my food to transport it back to my cabin.

I love the eggs Benedict on the ships the one reason we eat breakfast in the MDR, but you can also get them on the lido, imho they arent as good on the lido.

I've never been fortunate enough to see Eggs Benedict in the buffet. But I have to admit I RARELY get anything more than hard boiled eggs from there.

I eat breakfast alone since my sister sleeps much later than I do and I enjoy talking with new people in the MDR. Usually people are pleasant.

Speaking of Eggs Benedict, the quality has become so unreliable that I've started ordering a combination omlette with a side dish of Hollandaise sauce.....sometimes the omlette is so hot I have to let it cool...

I do sometimes eat the hot buffet style breakfast that you can find on the Ocean Plaza area of the Dream, Breeze and Magic...it's located midship on the Promenade between the Lanai's and not very many people seem to know about it. No cooked to order stuff, but the Scrambled Eggs here are not bad...

In the last 2 years I've been on the Conquest, Ecstasy, Triumph and Magic and haven't had a tray in the buffet that whole time. I get two of the oval platters and then invert one over the top of my food to transport it back to my cabin.

I've never been fortunate enough to see Eggs Benedict in the buffet. But I have to admit I RARELY get anything more than hard boiled eggs from there.

I eat breakfast alone since my sister sleeps much later than I do and I enjoy talking with new people in the MDR. Usually people are pleasant.

Speaking of Eggs Benedict, the quality has become so unreliable that I've started ordering a combination omlette with a side dish of Hollandaise sauce.....sometimes the omlette is so hot I have to let it cool...

I do sometimes eat the hot buffet style breakfast that you can find on the Ocean Plaza area of the Dream, Breeze and Magic...it's located midship on the Promenade between the Lanai's and not very many people seem to know about it. No cooked to order stuff, but the Scrambled Eggs here are not bad...

Didnt notice it on the Dream. Darn

Have noticed that they will put food out on the breakfast buffets a good hour before opening it up so what can you expect?

Order room service and keep the tray. Bring back your own hot breakfast to enjoy on the balcony.

I use to travel constantly for business and have developed an affection for the steamer tray powdered eggs. Real scrambled eggs left in a steamer tray develop a green tint. I've had those same eggs in fancy hotel breakfast buffets from Hyatt to Hilton to Hampton Inn.

Didnt notice it on the Dream. Darn

Have noticed that they will put food out on the breakfast buffets a good hour before opening it up so what can you expect?

It was part of the changes that they made right after the Dream came to the US and was getting slammed for crowding problems. That's also when they created the Fat Jimmy's C-side BBQ, and started serving custom made salads and wraps at lunch from the Sushi place.

On the Breeze the Sushi place has turned into Bonsai Sushi and a pay place, but I've read that the wraps and salads are still an option but over where they have the Taste Bar in the evenings in the Ocean Plaza.

I'm on the Breeze in 12 days and can't wait to see all the new stuff...

Well, I am going to try and write in the scrambled eggs and see what happens. How hard can it be to grab a spoonful and throw it on a plate?

If I have to have eggs benedict, I'll just go up and get it myself since it is more of a made dish. I'll let you all know what happens.

Well, I am going to try and write in the scrambled eggs and see what happens. How hard can it be to grab a spoonful and throw it on a plate?

If I have to have eggs benedict, I'll just go up and get it myself since it is more of a made dish. I'll let you all know what happens.

Cant hurt to try, but when i was talking to one of hte Food adn beverage managers last cruise he said that the Room Service uses a different Area of the Galley. So I would be surprised if they even had cooking equipment and the supplies for stuff not normally in Room Service.

let us know how it goes. good luck!

On my Behind the Fun tour a guest asked the reasoning for not offering hot egg dishes on the room service menu and as the above poster states one reason is the room service department is not near the hot food galleys and on some ships they are even on different decks! Also it was explained that to honor "special" hot egg requests for one guest would delay service to all others who ordered from the menu correctly. It's a bummer but for fairness it made sense to me.

Archived