Dress code in MDR?

awh

It is also called meeting your customer's preferences and desires.

Well- Then I suppose it won't be long until HAL prints the new brochures.

They'll be glossy and shiny as usual, but they'll feature a couple standing on their balcony drinking out of their Bubba mugs, dressed in cargo shorts aqua crocs and a tee shirt that says "Git er Done"

No more suggested dress quotes to copy and paste.

They will lay it out very simply in the new brochure.

"Just Show Up,And We'll feed You"

No need to worry about dress,heck just throw on a pair of sweatpants

some sandals with fluffy white socks and you're good to go.

You may also wear your cabin bathrobe to the mariners luncheon if you wish. Don't even comb your hair or brush your teeth,heck you do that all week at home and now you're on vacation.

You were very instrumental in this change,give yourself a big pat on the back:)

I was instrumental in this change?

What a silly thing to say.

Businesses that do not adapt to changing customer demands go out of business.

HAL wants to stay in business.

True. There are fewer and fewer "diningsauers" out there, and it is bad business to cater to them at the expense of the many. Surprisingly, there actually is a standard of attire that is somewhere between high tea with Queen Victoria and sleeveless NASCAR Bubba, but apparently those given to end of the civilized universe hyperbole are immune to noticing it.

True. There are fewer and fewer "diningsauers" out there, and it is bad business to cater to them at the expense of the many. Surprisingly, there actually is a standard of attire that is somewhere between high tea with Queen Victoria and sleeveless NASCAR Bubba, but apparently those given to end of the civilized universe hyperbole are immune to noticing it.

This attire you mention that's "Somewhere Between" will that be enforced?

Will you at least give us, no bathrobes with your last 3 lido lunches on the front of them?

Looks good to me, by the way,there's a whole world of fashion out there. There's a fashion board on here that's 9 million pages long,with beauty tips,women being excited about shoes,dresses for their cruise,posting pics of their dresses. Most women want to dress and look good,they most likely want their partner to look good as well,if not (that's what the pull out couch is for)

No couches allowed! Couldnt have said it better.

Just wondering, do the people who care strongly about the standard of dress and how well HAL staff enforce the dress code, particularly on formal evenings, actually complain to HAL or simply on these threads? I know many of you are long time HAL cruisers, so surely a united front presented to HAL on these matters would draw at least some acknowledgement.

I complain to HAL. I use the comment card at the end of the cruise to note that I prefer enforcement of the dress code. I also have made an occasional comment to the dining room manager during dinner.

On one cruise, the DRM asked a table of 20-somethings (men) to remove their ball caps (on a smart casual night). They did. Diners at several tables pulled him aside to thank him. I know that because we later chatted with several of the diners, and they were as disgusted as we were that someone would think a ball cap appropriate on any night in the dining room.

I have never understood this US penchant for wearing ball caps absolutely everywhere. Not certain what is behind this fashion statement.

Let alone wearing them backwards.

Or with the bill to one side, which looks as if the wearer was caught in a strong wind. :rolleyes:

Archived