Cruising this year..and a ?

callmebetty

I can now say I am cruising this year since it is 2013 ! Even though we just hit the 200 day mark, I am feeling kind of giddy! My roll call is ot yet picking up steam so here I am, getting excited with you fine folks!

We are booked on the gem in 10164. We have always done Aft, but I am considering moving us up a category to a FWD suite. Thoughts? It would cost us somewhere around 350 for the move but is the bigger room worh it? It is 2 of us traveling with another couple that is staing in an inside so they will be hanging out in our room/ balcony.

Thanks, and Happy New Year!

I can now say I am cruising this year since it is 2013 ! Even though we just hit the 200 day mark, I am feeling kind of giddy! My roll call is ot yet picking up steam so here I am, getting excited with you fine folks!

We are booked on the gem in 10164. We have always done Aft, but I am considering moving us up a category to a FWD suite. Thoughts? It would cost us somewhere around 350 for the move but is the bigger room worh it? It is 2 of us traveling with another couple that is staing in an inside so they will be hanging out in our room/ balcony.

Thanks, and Happy New Year!

I believe that 10164 is an aft suite correct? I would personally stay put. The balconies for that category are very deep (on deck 10 only and about half as deep on deck 8 and 9) and four of you could easily spend a lot of time out there.

A good part of your trip will be traveling the atlantic and I think you will find the aft balcony much more useable (although reports of usability for the forward suites vary). I have stayed in a deck 10 aft suite on the Jewel class ships (Pearl I think) and we loved it.

The aft balcony is covered so unless you want to be in the sun at all times (with the bridge looking down upon you) I would stay in the aft suite.

In terms of the room size, I have been in the forward suites and I really think (to my recollection) that the actual cabin size difference is negligible...the stated size difference I think comes from the balcony (unless you get one of the center forward suites...they have an extra bump). Either way, I think there will be plenty of room in the aft suites to accommodate 4 adults for hanging out.

I personally wouldn't move even if the price was the same (or less)...you can't beat the aft views.

Have a great cruise.

Coffeecat

Archived