British Colonial Hilton - Useage fee

sickofsnowinmich

We will be cruising in early April - with one of our ports being Nassau. I have read a few threads regarding the BCH- with a useage fee of $70 for the day which includes a $30 or so food credit. I have also read about the same hotel with a useage fee of $15 - for use of the beach, pool, towels, rest room, but no food.

Can anyone confirm that both of these options are available- and if so, the current prices. Some of the threads I found were quite old.

Thanks

We will be cruising in early April - with one of our ports being Nassau. I have read a few threads regarding the BCH- with a useage fee of $70 for the day which includes a $30 or so food credit. I have also read about the same hotel with a useage fee of $15 - for use of the beach, pool, towels, rest room, but no food.

Can anyone confirm that both of these options are available- and if so, the current prices. Some of the threads I found were quite old.

Thanks

Some time ago they used to charge just $15 and allowed access to the beach.. This is no longer available.

It's $70 at the front desk.. $60 if you purchase in advance thru Island Marketing. I believe it's a $40 food voucher.

Each to his own, but no way would I pay 70.00 to go there.

My daughter and family planned on going back when it was the small fee, even with the low price when the ship hit Nassau and she could see the hotel from the balcony....no way am I coming to Nassau and swimming there.

There was barges and craines for the view and the water was not the pretty green/ blue. She wanted white sand and the pretty water.

Glad we docked where we did so they already had plan B after they saw the set up.

Each to his own, but no way would I pay 70.00 to go there.

My daughter and family planned on going back when it was the small fee, even with the low price when the ship hit Nassau and she could see the hotel from the balcony....no way am I coming to Nassau and swimming there.

There was barges and craines for the view and the water was not the pretty green/ blue. She wanted white sand and the pretty water.

Glad we docked where we did so they already had plan B after they saw the set up.

Barges and crames are gone.. they were dredging the harbour to fit the allure and oasis. Water is crystal clear and pretty blue. View is of Paradise Isalnd and the Lighthouse.

I've been swimming at this beach for 25 years and have only had a handful of bad days.. mainly during the dredging.. which was quite a while ago.

If you want open water.. go to the sheraton $30.. or pay $80 for Atlantis beach.. no food or drink included there.. but the view is great.

BTW.. the $70 at BCH includes $40 worth of food and drink.

Does anyone know if you can get a beach massage at the Hilton and if so, how much? Also do you know the fee for those large padded, covered beach chairs? Thanks!

I haven't seen a beach massage at the Hilton for years. I don't think they offer one.

As for the covered beach chairs, day beds and cabanas.. they are all free to guests and those who have a paid day pass.

I haven't seen a beach massage at the Hilton for years. I don't think they offer one.

As for the covered beach chairs, day beds and cabanas.. they are all free to guests and those who have a paid day pass.

Thanks scubagirrl! I knew you would know! What about on the public beach, any massages there?

Thanks scubagirrl! I knew you would know! What about on the public beach, any massages there?

Sometimes !! it's pretty seasonal.. very erratic.

These type of things come and go on a monthly.. sometimes weekely, basis.

I haven't seen them on the beach for awhile.. You might find them in the spring.

Is the $40 voucher applicable towards drinks (alcoholic)? And, what are the restaurant options there? Also, does anyone know if we would have to pay an additional $70 for our one and a half year old?

Thanks so much!

From Hilton fb page:

Yes you are able to purchase day passes from the front desk. the cost is $55 per person. Day Passes include:

■beach access

■$30.00 food and beverage credit

■Access to the pool

■Beach towels

■Use of non motorized water sports

From Hilton fb page:

Yes you are able to purchase day passes from the front desk. the cost is $55 per person. Day Passes include:

■beach access

■$30.00 food and beverage credit

■Access to the pool

■Beach towels

■Use of non motorized water sports

I think this has gone up recently. Island Marketing, who usually discounts has gone up to $60pp w $40 voucher.

We are coming next weekend, we have never been there in January. Will we need a wet suit to snorkel? How cold is the water, just off the beach? We usually come between March and November and have had no need to bring one.

There's not alot of snorkeling off the beach.. beach bottom is very sandy, not coral or grass for the most part. Sheraton is the only beach that has some novice snorkeling, and you'll need a day pass to use the beach.

Water is getting chilly. If you want to take more than a quick dip, you'll need a wet suit, at least a shorty. Water temp runs between 70/72 degrees this time of year.

For me, I can't even get my knees wet.

Hi Scuba Girl, question, I have reservation for BCH. I have my 77 YO mother, who has a WC to use when she gets tired. Which she will coming down the peir. would the chair have inay problem making the walk to the Hilton from the pier? I hate to get a cab for four blocks. There are six of us and she can walk if the terrain got to bad. ??? YOur thoughts.

Hi Scuba Girl, question, I have reservation for BCH. I have my 77 YO mother, who has a WC to use when she gets tired. Which she will coming down the peir. would the chair have inay problem making the walk to the Hilton from the pier? I hate to get a cab for four blocks. There are six of us and she can walk if the terrain got to bad. ??? YOur thoughts.

Shouldn't have a problem, May have to divert into the street near senor frogs, but it wouldn't be a huge problem. The rest is pretty easy.

Archived