Help deciding - Boggen zip/Dip or island zip/reef snorkel

blindrid

Obviously going to do zip line. Boggen does theirs and then takes you to West End Village. How is snorkeling there? $65

Option 2 is thru island marketing. Zip line then out on boat for reef snorkeling? Guessing good snorkeling on this on. $88.

Opinions or thoughts - I need to book in a day or two. Thank you.

I think this a matter of what your group wants to do. I also believe it a matter of perception.. what one person believes to be poor snorkeling may be wonderful to another person.

With that said: If snorkeling is the goal I would not recommend Half Moon Bay in West End.. on the other hand if part of your group wants to do some shopping while others play in the water.. Half Moon Bay is a very good choice.

If all of your group wants to go snorkeling and are all comfy on a boat then by all means but if some of your group just wishes to hang out of the beach while others snorkel..perhaps a boat is not a good option.

It would be hard to tell you if the snorkeling is good from a boat unless one knew where you were going. I have been to Blue Channel in a boat... while the views were amazing the water was so deep I was not as excited about it as I have been with the area off of West Bay Beach.

Have a look at this thread for info about snorkeling off of West Bay Beach.

Mayan Princess is a resort which offers day passes but snorkeling off their beach is a challenge due to the distance to the reef and the boats. One could walk down the beach past Infinity Bay Resort to easy access to the reef.

Archived