Pre-paying gratuitites

Dub1487

Hello I'm trying to book through NCL site and I would like to pre-pay gratuities but the only options that show for balcony is insurance. Can it be done without calling? If so please tell.

I think it is available only after final payment...

That option isnt available to me on MyNCL yet... i thought maybe i couldnt pay till closer to sailing :confused:

Did you book with ncl directly? If not, gratuities need to be paid by using your TA.

Ok i looked all over my emails and account with my travel agency...no mention of the $12 per person per day fee. I know about it from here but in everything i was emailed and on the online summary there is no mention of it. Is it possible its already included for me? They mention additional fee for insurance and even possible fuel surcharge...nothing about the gratuity charges :confused:

Ok i looked all over my emails and account with my travel agency...no mention of the $12 per person per day fee. I know about it from here but in everything i was emailed and on the online summary there is no mention of it. Is it possible its already included for me? They mention additional fee for insurance and even possible fuel surcharge...nothing about the gratuity charges :confused:

Guess you should of fire your TA.. My NCL rep always reminds me of the $12 per day per person charge..

I would say chance are 0% its already been paid for you

Im sure itll pop up when we get to the ship if not before. Ill be ready since i know about it from here. Im just surprised it isnt included in any of my documentation so far. I have already made final payment too. I know some TA specials include gratuities but i dont think the one i used does. I dont think im allowed to say who i booked through on the forums here. Well ill wait and see if it shows up at 45 days or if the option to pay through My NCL comes open at some point. If not ill pay it on ship:D

Im sure itll pop up when we get to the ship if not before. Ill be ready since i know about it from here. Im just surprised it isnt included in any of my documentation so far. I have already made final payment too. I know some TA specials include gratuities but i dont think the one i used does. I dont think im allowed to say who i booked through on the forums here. Well ill wait and see if it shows up at 45 days or if the option to pay through My NCL comes open at some point. If not ill pay it on ship:D

We are on the same sailing and the option to pre pay my gratuities works when I am signed in and look under my vacation summary. I booked directly with NCL/CAS so I'm not sure if your booking thru a TA has anything to do with you not having the option.

Have you logged into MyNCL yet? On the vacation summary page, scroll down. There should be a box that says: Pre-Pay Service Charges

If you expand that box, what does it say?

It says "we are unable to display this option at this time" :confused:

I had the same issues with prepaying my service charge I kept waiting to see if it would change but it doesn't. I just called NCL directly and they took my payment right over the phone and it immediately displayed on MYNCL.COM that I had paid the dsc.

There may be technical difficulties with the website. I have prepaid my last two cruises months in advance and already prepaid gratuities for my Gem cruise for this September. Final payment isn't til June. All three were booked thru a TA but the info was available on myncl. see post #15; if not available, then call ncl as there is probably a technical issue.

Archived