Seven Fathoms Rum Distillery Tour and local restaurant questions

Mrs CruisinCritter

We will be in GC at the end of the month so we are trying to find something to do. Since we have 4 port days and plan to spend 3 of them at the beach, we are looking for something else to do while in GC. I noticed that there is a rum distillery tour for about $15pp. Has anyone done this tour? Is it worth $15 to walk through the distillery and get a few shots of rum?

We are also looking for a local restaurant that's walking distance from the tender drop-off. I would love to find a place with a great view and great food. Walking a mile or so isn't a problem if we need to in order to go to an amazing place to spend a few hours eating and having a few drinks for my birthday. Any recommendations?

We will be in GC at the end of the month so we are trying to find something to do. Since we have 4 port days and plan to spend 3 of them at the beach, we are looking for something else to do while in GC. I noticed that there is a rum distillery tour for about $15pp. Has anyone done this tour? Is it worth $15 to walk through the distillery and get a few shots of rum?

We are also looking for a local restaurant that's walking distance from the tender drop-off. I would love to find a place with a great view and great food. Walking a mile or so isn't a problem if we need to in order to go to an amazing place to spend a few hours eating and having a few drinks for my birthday. Any recommendations?

Breezes is a good place to people watch in town, they have great hurricane drinks and good food, sit upstairs outside. We did the rum tour when they first opened a few years ago, back then it was lame, we tried a couple of shots and it was free. I personally wouldn't spend $15 for that tour, buy a bottle of rum instead.

Breezes is a good place to people watch in town, they have great hurricane drinks and good food, sit upstairs outside. We did the rum tour when they first opened a few years ago, back then it was lame, we tried a couple of shots and it was free. I personally wouldn't spend $15 for that tour, buy a bottle of rum instead.

Thank you for the info. Breezes is one of the places that I found on tripadvisor so it's on our list. Hearing another good opinion of it really helps. I think we will skip the rum tour and spend that money on another drink or two with lunch. :D

Have you tried Coconut Joe's or Sunshine Grill? Those are the other two restaurants we are looking at.

I like Coconut Joes better than Sunset Grill, for both menu and for people watching. Joes is right along the road with patio seating, so there's lots to see. Sunset Grill is kind of off the beaten path. Neither is right downtown like Breezes, though.

If you want to see menus and maps, try http://www.caymangoodtaste.com

I like Coconut Joes better than Sunset Grill, for both menu and for people watching. Joes is right along the road with patio seating, so there's lots to see. Sunset Grill is kind of off the beaten path. Neither is right downtown like Breezes, though.

If you want to see menus and maps, try http://www.caymangoodtaste.com

Not sure why I even read this thread as I wasn't really looking for a tour. However, I'm thrilled because the interactive maps found on this site are extremely detailed and will really help us planning our visit.

Maybe you could re-post in a new thread called 'maps' so more people will find this.

Thank you for the info. Breezes is one of the places that I found on tripadvisor so it's on our list. Hearing another good opinion of it really helps. I think we will skip the rum tour and spend that money on another drink or two with lunch. :D

Have you tried Coconut Joe's or Sunshine Grill? Those are the other two restaurants we are looking at.

Coconut Joes is a fun and good place to go, not really walking distance though. Sunset House has My Bar, another good place and the scenery is nice too.

It's Coconut Joe's for the win! I figure we can find a bus or a taxi to take us down and drop us off. My hubby wants to go to the Havana Club for a cigar which is just down the street from Joe's then we can walk to the Royal Palms and take a stroll down the beach. Sounds like a great way to spend my birthday! Thank you everyone! Now I just have to figure out whether it's easier to find a taxi or a bus and where I can locate one!

Archived