Australia,Indonesia,Singapore,Thai,Viet,HKG video report 2013

Bellair

Volendam Sydney to Hong Kong (27 Days) visiting ports Hamilton Island, Cairns, Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area, Cape York, Darwin, Komodo Island, Lombok & Semarang in Indonesia, Singapore, Ko Samui & Laem Shabang in Thailand, Saigon HCMC, Da Nang, Hoi An and Ha Long Bay in Vietnam.

To view, Click link below:

Cruise the Tasman Sea & Bass Strait from Melbourne to Sydney via Burnie & Hobart in Tasmania on this 6 day portion of our trip to Hong Kong.

Spectacular dawn sailing into Sydney Harbour!

Thank you - that was a treat as we are cruising SE Asia in a couple of weeks. The Komodo dragons really look scary!:eek: We have a CC group booked for that, as well as other ports.

Waggie

Many thanks for your comments

Make sure you have a letter from the tour operator as the National Park in Indonesia and the shipping line will not let you on the park

Regards

Bellair

• 2 weeks later...

Terrific videos! We will be in some of those same ports this October...as for the others...well my list of places to see just got longer! Do you happen to have any recommendations for what to see or tour guides to use for Laem Chabeng/Pattaya or Saigon?

Hi there,

The port for Bangkok is around 40 mins drive to Pattaya & they have the taxi prices all set at the port so the best idea is to share a van x 8 for the cheapest return. Too far to walk out of the port.

Some taxi's were charging around $80 for the shared return for the day to Bangkok

In Saigon we always use the ships shuttle as the traffic can be bad, around 2.5 hrs each way from the port & we have had the ship wait for us over an hour in the past....thankfully we used their transfers.

Lots to do & see in Saigon & very easy to get about after they drop you at the famous Rex Hotel

Try & get to Hoi An if you go to Da Nang, just great

Have a great time

Thanks so much for posting the video. I'm so impressed that you got it done so fast!

I'm still working on our pictures.

It was a great trip! So many interesting ports and a great group of people!

Question about Ho Chi Minh...

Did you purchase the ships transfer then do a self tour? If yes how did you get around (haven't watched the video yet as my internet is slow!!!) Was it easy to do & what did you see.

I really want to see all the main tourist places in Saigon but will have the 2 kids with us.

The 2.5 hour bus ride each way is a bit of a turn off with the kids. So I'm enquiring about private tours as well as I'm thinking a car will travel quicker than a bus even if there is traffic???

Really don't want to risk missing the ship though! So confused!!!

Archived