Just returned from Christmas on the Allure, review is posted

Just posted our review of the December 23rd sailing on the Allure of the Seas. I'm sure I missed some stuff, like the fact that we had trouble getting all four of our auto-tips to post to our account. Had to visit Guest Services twice to get it taken care of.

Here's the link. http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=113105

As always, we're happy to answer any questions!

Hmmm....when I filled out the review I wrote specifically about each port (Nassau, St. Thomas, St.Maarten), but that part doesn't show up. Only the narrative shows up, and I didn't talk about the ports because I didn't want to be repetitive.

Nassau...We didn't get off the ship.

ST. Thomas....We cabbed it to downtown, and visited the new Magic Ice. It's a small ice museum , think wax museum with ice carvings instead. They give you protective clothing so you don't freeze. $20 gets you admission, a shot of rum, and a souvenir shot glass. Same "tour" on the ship was over $40. Then it was off to our favorite hole in the wall bar (at the base of the 99 steps) to see "our" bartender...only to find he was no longer there :( Had fun anyway, and after several rounds of backgammon we headed back to the ship.

St Maartin...Took the watertaxi to Phillipsburg and walked the boardwalk, then back up the main shopping street. Stopped at the Blue Bitch Bar for snacks and drinks and had planned to get beach lounges for the afternoon. The weather was cloudy with showers so we skipped the laying on the beach and water taxi'd back to the ship The water taxi was $7 round trip.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a couple of questions about the Magic Ice in St. Thomas.

I know that you are issued a coat/hat/gloves etc., but what kind of cloths did you wear into the museum/art gallery? We are going in July; I really didn't want to wear long pants (Jeans)on an excursion, but then again, I don't want to freeze while viewing the ice sculptures.

Also, how much time did you spend in Magic Ice?

Thanks.

Archived