Another Epic Question

RedLightVegas

Thanks so much for the advice on the previous thread I started. This one is just me being paranoid I think.

I've heard horror stories from the Epic in regards to reservations. I know you can reserve everything online starting 45 days out which is awesome. But once you get on board, I've heard the cruise line can just up and change everything without you knowing it. Also, that people push and shove to get into shows so they can secure a good seat.

I'm assuming that the reservations issues probably happened when the boat first came out.

But I just want to make sure I'm not making a mistake booking this ship. The last thing I want on vacation is to have plans be ruined and to get shoved trying to get into a show...

We have sailed twice on the Epic and never had any problems with reservations being cancelled apart from me cancelling restaurant I had booked, we have never seen pushing or shoving, however they will not let you in if you are late. When the show finishes it can get a bit busy when the theatre empties out so I would imagine you could get a odd person with no manners pushing and shoving. The Epic is a great ship and on both times we sailed everybody we spoke to was having a great time, it's a large ship and not everybody's cup of tea but as I said when we were there they all seemed to have. Good time.

The only glitch we had was taking in the late night show Legends show in the Manhatton Room. I think the show is around 10 pm and they start pulling chairs in from back of the room, they sit them in the isle ways towards the stage and so of course your blocking the view of those that took in the late dinner seating who think they have the best seats in the house, saw many a table getting hostile including the ones behind us but being 6'4 and the other couple he is 6'2 so nobody was going to get verbal with us.

Aside from that it's good thing they have the Posh lounge because I wouldn't have been able to stand the crammed pool area day after day.

Overall our experience was ok as we only eat at the specialty restaurants for dinner so didn't have to deal with the feed troughs.

We also have decided to not cruise this size of ship again its just too big.

Haven't experienced anything like this. Perhaps others have but we haven't. We made a reservation for a Legends show and didn't make it because we were hanging out with our new Cruise Critic buddies. Not a big deal. We went to the next showing and just stood in the standby line.

We had no issue with our reservations either pre cruise or the ones booked onboard.

I didnt personally experience any pushing or shoving while on the Epic.

But rude people can happen on any ship any cruiseline

Awesome. Thanks so much. We probably won't stick around for any of the Legends in Concert. The only thing I want to see on board is the BlueManGroup but I'm sure there will be other things I'll want to see once they post the reservations.

We will definitely be eating in a lot of the specialty restaurants. We're treating this as more of a "Vegas trip as sea." LoL

The pool deck I'm sure gets crowded. It was crowded on seadays on every cruise I've been on. We'll probably try and stay at the Spice H20 since it's adults only but willl definitely be up for getting on all of the water slides.

Archived