Wind Spirit. Forward or aft?

S&G@C

We have stayed in cabins 138 (forward) and 203 (aft) on the Wind Spirit.

The only con I could think of for 138 is that although there is a stairwell shown nearby, it is only accessible to crew - so you have to walk further to the stairs which is no big deal for us. Cabin 203 was right next to the medical facility. We could hear the phone ringing and talking on several occasions, but not enough to bother us.

Under normal circumstances, we did not notice and difference in ship movement. I state normal circumstances because our final day on board on our last trip (cabin 203) was very rough and we never experienced a rough day in 138 - so I really can't comment on whether there is a difference between the two in rough conditions.

If you look at the deck plan, even though the cabins are called "forward", they are really just a little forward of "mid-ship". While we enjoyed both of our previous cabins, we have opted for 138 on our next two cruises. Can't even give you a logical reason why - we just really liked that cabin near the end of the hallway!!!!

Maybe someone can tell you if the forward stairwell on deck 2 is open to passengers. Since we were aft when we had our cabin on deck 2, we never ventured that far forward to see.

Which cruise are you booking? I'm sure you will enjoy your first cruise on Windstar.

The aft cabin on Windspirit is actually a little bigger, maybe a couple feet, but there is a slope sheet in the corner which really wasn't a problem. It doesn't make much difference where you are on the ship, the ride is about the same. The aft stairs we used all the time, know one seemed to care in the last five trips.

We went ahead and booked room 238 for a Panama Canal cruise next year. Although we sailed the Windsurf once we are excited to sail on one of the smaller ships. No doubt all the rooms are good. Hope the forward stairwell is open as my husband has knee problems and we want to minimize his steps. Thanks

We just got off Wind Star and had cabin 240 - liked being forward. But the forward stairs are in the crew section - you have to walk back to the mid-ship stairs so you will actually be taking more steps than you need to.

Archived