Short Time in Nassau

em_in_murphy

We will be in Nassau in March from 7-2PM. Some of our group wants to visit the aquarium at Atlantis and then get some beach time. I am thinking of just buying the Atlantis tour and then go to the public part of Cabbage Beach next to RIU??? but others in my group are thinking we should just buy the Beach break package and use the beach at Atlantis. Do I have time if I want to do this vs. staying at Atlantis?

Any opinions on this would be greatly appreciated. For me, i would save $120 which I can spend on food/drinks, chair rentals, etc. At Atlantis, food/drinks and umbrella would be an additional cost on top of the $120 and from what I understand, it's the same beach.

We will be in Nassau in March from 7-2PM. Some of our group wants to visit the aquarium at Atlantis and then get some beach time. I am thinking of just buying the Atlantis tour and then go to the public part of Cabbage Beach next to RIU??? but others in my group are thinking we should just buy the Beach break package and use the beach at Atlantis. Do I have time if I want to do this vs. staying at Atlantis?

Any opinions on this would be greatly appreciated. For me, i would save $120 which I can spend on food/drinks, chair rentals, etc. At Atlantis, food/drinks and umbrella would be an additional cost on top of the $120 and from what I understand, it's the same beach.

Why would you pay to use the Atlantis beach when you can use the same beach for free?? Both with be crowded with spring breakers.

Save your money. Pick up a snack after the aquarium and head to Cabbage Beach.. you only have a short period of time to relax either way. I wouldn't pay for 3 hours on the beach. It's not that much further to walk to either beach..

Why would you pay to use the Atlantis beach when you can use the same beach for free?? Both with be crowded with spring breakers.

Save your money. Pick up a snack after the aquarium and head to Cabbage Beach.. you only have a short period of time to relax either way. I wouldn't pay for 3 hours on the beach. It's not that much further to walk to either beach..

Thanks, this is what I thought as well. We do have a lot of kids in our group. Is it a pretty easy walk?

Also, do you know what time the aquarium opens and about how long it takes to tour the whole thing? Although I know my group won't be off the ship as soon as we dock at 7, we do want to maximize our time. Would leaving Cabbage beach at 1PM give us enough time to get back to ship for a 2PM departure or should we plan earlier?

Thank you so much for your help!

Thanks, this is what I thought as well. We do have a lot of kids in our group. Is it a pretty easy walk?

Also, do you know what time the aquarium opens and about how long it takes to tour the whole thing? Although I know my group won't be off the ship as soon as we dock at 7, we do want to maximize our time. Would leaving Cabbage beach at 1PM give us enough time to get back to ship for a 2PM departure or should we plan earlier?

Thank you so much for your help!

Aquarium is open 24/7, but the lights go on and tours start at 9am.

From the aquarium, it's a 10 minute walk to Cabbage Beach, about the same for the Atlantis beach.

If you're ship departs at 2pm.. it's likely they will want you back onboard by 1pm. You would need to leave cabbage beach by 12:15/12:30 or so to be back on time.

If you choose Atlantis.. you'd need to leave the beach by noon.. it's a long walk to the entrance and then a few minutes wait to load the shuttle back to the dock.

Like I said.. it's a short day.. only a few hours on the beach.

We are stopping in Nassau from the Epic from only 12-7 pm. We really want to go to Atlantis but I am wondering if we should spend the $135 for the few hours we have there? I understand the water park closes at sunset, around 4:30. What would be the better way to see Atlantis but also have some beach time? Can we tour Atlantis then go to a close beach nearby? Can we do anything at Atlantis without buying the full day pass?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

We are stopping in Nassau from the Epic from only 12-7 pm. We really want to go to Atlantis but I am wondering if we should spend the $135 for the few hours we have there? I understand the water park closes at sunset, around 4:30. What would be the better way to see Atlantis but also have some beach time? Can we tour Atlantis then go to a close beach nearby? Can we do anything at Atlantis without buying the full day pass?

I'm wondering the same thing- we'll be on the Epic next month. Any insight would help!

You can get a Dig's pass for $40 and that will let you see some of the grounds. Most of the aquarium is inside the main building but you can also walk over to the Predator Lagoon to see more of the outside. Then you could walk over to the free beach next to RIU. Make sure you use the restroom at Atlantis before you head over since the beach has no facilities. :)

Or you could purchase the Atlantis Beach Day pass which gives you access to the Atlantis beach as well as the aquarium. (You would not be able to use the pools or waterpark.) That pass used to cost $60 but it may have gone up to $65.

Archived