Silversea Bumps Booked Passengers in Favor of Charter

LauraS

I have to say it would be the last time i sailed with a Cruise line that bumped me and did not offer to reimburse all my incurred expenses regarding both cruises not just the one that was canceled but the other part of the back to back. People take back to back for a reason and I am not likely to want to do 1 of the cruises without the other so would want to be able to cancel the other one without penalties and with expenses covered. Sounds like bad business to me. Having now read this I will think twice before trying Silverseas. I know it is just a business decision on the part of Silverseas and so is spending my hard earned money with a company that treats its customers fairly.

• 4 weeks later...
Check out this news item from Cruise Critic:

Silversea Bumps Booked Passengers in Favor of Charter

Thank you for posting this article. It must be especially upsetting for the passengers who might not have even booked one of the two cruises without the ability to have the back to back voyage. There are many people who don't want to fly halfway around the world for one shorter cruise, yet feel that they could justify the expense by combining it with the cruise before or after it.

Silversea was never really strongly on my radar for some of their policies, but now i have another reason not to look too carefully at their itineraries.

Archived