pre-booking kids activities and shows

sirk25

Hello, I want to tak advantage of the expertise and experience of the community here. We are travelling on the FOS on Feb 24/13 with my3 yr old and 18 old sons. I am not so worried about my 18 year old finding things to do even though he is too old for the teen activities and too young for the adult stuff. But I want to take advantage of the kids club activities for the 3 year old. A few questions: how do I register him in that? Is it something I need to pre-arrange with RCCL or book it online or can he be signed up once we get on board? Does anyone know what they do in the kids groups (aquanauts for the 3year olds) and how long it lasts for? We have a shore excursions booked for port days, but the time we spend at sea, we will need something to keep him busy.

Also, a bit off topic but related to pre-booking shows, we have the RFS booked for the cruise, is it necessary fo us to make show reservations online prior to the cruise, or will we have the advantage of being able to make the reservations on board with out the worry of missing out on any show times?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Happy Cruisng

Nevermind I guess. I'll figure it out when I get there.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk.

Adventure Ocean will be open house on embarkation day so you will be able to go in with your little one and take a look around together. Registration is usually the first evening. After that when you drop off its at the gate, no parents allowed inside. You will get a cruise compass specifically for AO in your suite each evening highlighting the next day's activities. Just take your child along to whatever they want to join in with, doesn't have to be for the full session. Our son goes usually 2-4 on sea day's

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Nevermind I guess. I'll figure it out when I get there.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk.

Also, if you are in a Royal Family Suite you will have a gold sea pass and access to reserved seating at the shows but I understand it gets opened up in the Last few minutes before the performance starts. We loved our RFS as there was balcony space for our son to play on the floor while we relaxed on the loungers watching him. Perfect!!

We just got off of the Liberty of the Seas and here is my two cents about pre-booking shows. We reserved all of the shows that were available including the ice show, and the ice show was the only one that made a difference. When we arrived, they did scan our Sea Pass before letting us in. If you did not have a reservation, you had to stand in a line. After a certain time, they let everyone in. As far as the evening shows, anyone could walk in and having the reservation did not make a difference.

Hope that helps. Enjoy your cruise!

I was wondering about the same age kids club. Ages 3-5 my son will have just turned 3 at time of sail. I think he will like it the only thing I worry about is that the child MUST be 100% potty trained to go to the kids club. If my son isn't potty trained he will have to go to the nursery. Since the nursery charges by the hour do you have to schedule this prior to boarding or is it walk in?

Adventure Ocean will be open house on embarkation day so you will be able to go in with your little one and take a look around together. Registration is usually the first evening. After that when you drop off its at the gate, no parents allowed inside. You will get a cruise compass specifically for AO in your suite each evening highlighting the next day's activities. Just take your child along to whatever they want to join in with, doesn't have to be for the full session. Our son goes usually 2-4 on sea day's

Thank you for your reply. That totally answers my questions. much appreciated.

My 3 year old will be starting pre school this week so I am hoping the time he is in school will help him get used to being around other kids and interacting and then he won't have much of an issue fitting in at he AO on the cruise.

Thank you for your reply. That totally answers my questions. much appreciated.

My 3 year old will be starting pre school this week so I am hoping the time he is in school will help him get used to being around other kids and interacting and then he won't have much of an issue fitting in at he AO on the cruise.

If I was you I would go with no expectations of your child attending and then be grateful for and free time you get!!! :) I agree that pre school is a great foundation for confidence in these situations, recently starting full time school for our son meant he was asking to go to AO this cruise rather than US suggesting.

Archived