Expiring future carnival vacation credit

I have a $100 future carnival vacation credit I purchased in January of 2011. I just checked the certificate and it will expire Jan 27 ie 3 weeks. I am already booked for a cruise in Feb (I forgot I needed to apply this credit at the time of booking) and Carnival wouldn't let me apply it after the fact. I am not prepared to book my 2014 cruise yet so do I remember correctly that at the time of purchase I was told it can be refunded? If so how do I go about doing this?:confused:

Many Thanks!

When did you book the upcoming cruise? If you booked it after you purchased the fcc, you should still be able to apply the fcc to this cruise. You would receive the obc for during the cruise and a refund of $100 since you have already made final payment.

Did you try applying the certificate to your feb cruise? I have always applied mine after the fact and never had a problem. Here is the link to do it online...

http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/futurevacationcert.html

The form is a little quirky... Internet Explorer in compatibility mode always works if you have a problem. Or your Carnival PVP (or travel agent) should be willing to do it for you over the phone.

I've submitted them as close as a week prior to sailing and didn't have a problem.

You definitely should be able to apply it to your February cruise as long as you get right on it and get it done prior to the expiration of the FCC. You don't have to apply it at the time of booking. The major stipulation is that you must have purchased the certificate prior to booking the cruise. I'm assuming you didn't book your February 2013 cruise prior to January 2011, so you should be good to go. You can do it on-line or call the promotions department. Their number is 1-800-794-6225. I think they're open Monday-Friday only. There should be no reason why you can't apply it to your upcoming cruise, but at the very least you can get your $100 purchase price refunded. Go for it!

Archived