Superbowl on Disney Fantasy?

MikeInThornhill

When I was on the Magic in '07 they did have the game on the big screen, but back then it was only the live feed. No commercials, no fox announcers, limited pre game. I believe the play by play was through the radio feed. They had some giveaways and beer specials down in the sports bar. Being Giant fans we gobbled up all the free banners and merchandise they had after the win. My wife even won the official helmet they gave away.

If my memory serves me correctly, I could've sworn I saw a video of a super bowl being played on the big screen over the pool on the Disney Magic while at sea.

This isn't the video I was talking about.. But here's one.

We sailed on the Dream and embarkation day was the day of the Super Bowl. They had a ton of chairs set up by the pool so people could watch on the huge screen. No worries, they made a plenty big deal about it.

• 4 weeks later...

I was wondering if anyone knows for sure if the Superbowl will be shown when the ship is at sea in the Caribbean? Our 2014 cruise is Feb 1-8, and Feb 2nd is the Superbowl. I was happy to see that is an "at sea" day, but I wanted to make sure we'd be able to see it since we won't be in the states! The only YouTube video I found of the Superbowl being broadcast looked like it was on embarkation day, which doesn't apply to my situation. Really don't want to have to change my dates, we got an amazing deal on this cruise!

Archived