Luggage Express - Breeze/Southwest Airlines

celticd1

We are sailing on the Breeze out of Miami but flying Southwest into/out of Ft. Lauderdale. Our flight home is late, around 7PM.

Does anyone know if the Breeze/Southwest offer the Luggage Express program for situations like this?

TIA

We are sailing on the Breeze out of Miami but flying Southwest into/out of Ft. Lauderdale. Our flight home is late, around 7PM.

Does anyone know if the Breeze/Southwest offer the Luggage Express program for situations like this?

TIA

While Breeze is listed on the chart of LE eligible ships they have not yet implemented it yet. As of 2 weeks ago Breeze was NOT offering LE because they have not figured out the logistics yet for the amount of passengers.

Maybe by time of your cruise they will have it set up.

Edited by bbohbbneedacruise

While Breeze is listed on the chart of LE eligible ships they have not yet implemented it yet. As of 2 weeks ago Breeze was NOT offering LE because they have not figured out the logistics yet for the amount of passengers.

Maybe by time of your cruise they will have it set up.

Where can I find this information?

Thanks.

Sounds like a great program...Anyone use it? Would be awesome if we could get it for port to port. We're going from the Glory in Miami to the Freedom in Fort Lauderdale.

We have used the program several times, but only when we are flying home. It works great. Very easy to use.

per info on this link the breeze does have luggage express. I hope that is the case when we cruise in June!

Maybe by June they have things worked out.

This was as of Jan 1st.

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/forums/p/253845/1313740.aspx

I just got off the Breeze and it was not available. They said it was because the folks who handle it are trying to work out the logistics with such a large amount of folks on the larger ship. They are hoping to offer it in the future so maybe by June it will be available.

As an alternative, Carnival does have an excursion where they drop you off in South Beach for a few hours of seeing the sites on your own while they keep your luggage on the bus, and then pick you up and drop you and your luggage at the Ft. Lauderdale (or Miami) airport. Helps to give you something to do if you have a late flight.

Asked before getting off the ship on 12/30 and Guest Services says they expect to be all set up by mid-January.

That is great news! I'll keep my fingers crossed! Thanks!

As an alternative, Carnival does have an excursion where they drop you off in South Beach for a few hours of seeing the sites on your own while they keep your luggage on the bus, and then pick you up and drop you and your luggage at the Ft. Lauderdale (or Miami) airport. Helps to give you something to do if you have a late flight.

We considered that as well but we have transportation lined up that requires R/T in order to get the lower rates. Plus we will have many friends to keep us company at the airport. Thanks for the input though. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

We are also sailing on the Breeze but not until October 2014. We are flying into/out of Ft. Lauderdale. We did a cruise in 2012 on the Liberty and also flew into/out of Ft. Lauderdale and the Liberty left out of Miami. We were told at that time that LE was not available since we were not flying home from Miami. I hope this has changed and LE will be available for the Breeze by October. I have heard some great things about it.

Elaine

We are also sailing on the Breeze but not until October 2014. We are flying into/out of Ft. Lauderdale. We did a cruise in 2012 on the Liberty and also flew into/out of Ft. Lauderdale and the Liberty left out of Miami. We were told at that time that LE was not available since we were not flying home from Miami. I hope this has changed and LE will be available for the Breeze by October. I have heard some great things about it.

Elaine

How do you get from Ft Lauderdale to Miami. We will be on Glory April 27 and are flying in the day before to Ft Lauderdale. We have always flown into Miami but this was cheaper.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How do you get from Ft Lauderdale to Miami. We will be on Glory April 27 and are flying in the day before to Ft Lauderdale. We have always flown into Miami but this was cheaper.

We either rent from Hertz or Budget as they have drop off sites in downtown Miami close to the pier and then take a shuttle or a taxi to ship. Or we use ridesasdotcom. They are very good, prompt, and reliable.

SAS transportation. $15.00 pp to the port of miami from ft lauderdale

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Forums mobile app