Carnival to Hold Month-Long Spectacular Sale

Carnival to Hold Month-Long Spectacular Sale spacer.gif

06/01/2005 spacer.gifWith Carnival Cruise Lines’ month-long “Spectacular Sale,” consumers can take advantage of outstanding “Fun Ship” cruise bargains, with complimentary two-category upgrades and rates starting as low as $279 per person.

The special promotion, which runs from June 1-30, 2005, offers discounted rates on virtually all “Fun Ship” cruises departing between August 14, 2005, and April 2, 2006, holidays included.

Rates for three-day cruises are available starting at $279 per person, four-day cruises $349 per person, five-day cruises $399 per person, six-day cruises $479 per person, seven-day cruises $549 per person, and eight-day cruises $699 per person, based on double occupancy. Cruises depart from 11 different North American embarkation points.

“A ‘Fun Ship’ cruise is already an incredible value and this ‘Spectacular Sale’ makes a great deal even better. And with more North American departure points than any other cruise line, getting to and from a ‘Fun Ship’ cruise is more convenient than ever,” said Bob Dickinson, Carnival president and CEO.

Valid on new individual bookings only. Consumers must request fare code CP2J to be eligible for this promotion.

Promotion is capacity controlled and not applicable with any other discount offer. Minimum purchase of category 4A required and the two-category upgrade is available within like stateroom categories (interior to interior, ocean view to ocean view, balcony to balcony).

Carnival, a unit of Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL; NYSE: CUK) is the largest and most popular cruise line in the world, with 20 “Fun Ships” operating voyages of three to 16 days in length to the Bahamas, Caribbean, Mexican Riviera, Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, New England and Europe.

The line currently has two 110,000-ton SuperLiners – Carnival Liberty and Carnival Freedom – scheduled to enter service between now and February 2007.

Sorry, but to me, those prices don't particularly sound like a "spectacular sale". $549 for a 7 night cruise? I'm sure that's the interior Riviera price. Sounds like typical prices to me, along the lines of what you can get from a travel agent.

Sorry, but to me, those prices don't particularly sound like a "spectacular sale". $549 for a 7 night cruise? I'm sure that's the interior Riviera price. Sounds like typical prices to me, along the lines of what you can get from a travel agent.

Its the 2 cat upgrade that people seem to love. To me it not a big deal, but cruisers seem to eat it up. Bookings at Carnival go through the roof when they have those one day sales.

You also get the 2 sat upgrade if you book with a TA.

Not even, it's an Inside Guarantee.

Not even, it's an Inside Guarantee.

Actually its a 4A, which would become a 4C. You can book an assigned cabin.

Promotion is capacity controlled and not applicable with any other discount offer. Minimum purchase of category 4A required and the two-category upgrade is available within like stateroom categories (interior to interior, ocean view to ocean view, balcony to balcony).

We booked our last cruise with a TA, paid for Riviera Interior, and got a six category upgrade to Panorama Interior. Not sure if that was a Carnival deal, or what, but from the way Carnival makes it sound in this e-mail, "spectacular" prices are exclusive to their PVPs.

To me, "spectacular" would be booking an inside and getting upgraded to a balcony. Now THAT'S spectacular.

Its the 2 cat upgrade that people seem to love. To me it not a big deal, but cruisers seem to eat it up. Bookings at Carnival go through the roof when they have those one day sales.

You also get the 2 sat upgrade if you book with a TA.

What the gullible public doesn't seem to realize is that Carnival quietly raises prices across the board at the same time, so that you *are* paying for the "upgrade."

So much for the "internet-savvy consumer in the Digital Age." :rolleyes:

This is just more of Carnival's same ole...same ole stuff. They have so many sales now it has taken the meaning out of the word "sale". I actually took my name off of their mailing list lately due to the amount of emails that I received from them weekly.

Carnival has become my number one source of spam. I guess I could cut them off by unsubscribing but you always think maybe I'll miss out on that one spectacular deal that came along. So far that hasn't happened.

Carnival has become my number one source of spam. I guess I could cut them off by unsubscribing but you always think maybe I'll miss out on that one spectacular deal that came along. So far that hasn't happened.

I was actually getting more emails within the last six months than right after 9/11 when they were trying to give away the cruises.

I was actually getting more emails within the last six months than right after 9/11 when they were trying to give away the cruises.

Oh I agree......I think 10 PVPs constantly email me......I delete them all without reading.:rolleyes:

Let's be optimistic: maybe in the middle of the spectacular one-month sale they'll have a super duper one-week sale, and in the middle of that an incredulouso one-day sale where the cruises are actually discounted! :D

Archived