majesty of the seas miami

I went on Majesty of the Seas over Memorial Day weekend two years ago. It was my first (and so far only) cruise. I thought it was a great introduction to cruising--lots of things to do, excellent, friendly staff, great ports and excursions. It was a 3 nighter--not too long, and we stopped in Nassau and Coco Cay. In Nassau we did the Yellowbird boat excursion which was a lot of fun. It took us to the beach to swim/lay out and then there was a party on the boat with unlimited rum punch and a limbo contest. I guess the rum punch was flowing, because I entered the limbo contest and came in 2nd place--probably something I wouldn't normally have done! I also got my hair braided (on the boat!) and then my friend and I shopped at the straw market after the boat ride.

Coco Cay was also fun. It actually rained while we were there, and I'm sure it would have been much better had it stayed dry. Anyway, we got to go snorkling (which was great) and enjoyed the barbecue and the drinks that they serve there (it's a special drink but for the life of me I can't remember the name). It was tasty though!

The food was good and definitely plentiful, and the dance club at night was fun. I saw one comedian who was decent, other than that we didn't go to any shows. Our room had a porthole and it was small, but clean, and like everyone says, you really only go there to sleep since there's so much to do.

Hope you have a blast--I'm sure you will...sounds like a great anniversary trip!

DH and I were just on the Majesty May 2nd and loved every minute of it. We did a 7day last year and decided to do the 4day this year. I actually liked the 4 day better. Cococay was great (bbq was awesome that day). My favorite was Key West. We did the Pub Crawl excursion in Key West which was great. You went to more of the local bars the the tourist ones. Learning the history of the Conch Republic while drinking was very fun.

DH and I did Majesty last January for the 3 night-LOVED it. We had done Voyager the previous August, so she was a smaller ship but still sooo big!!! A more intimate feel. We had a great time, a nice relaxing weekend. Best strawberry daiquiris in the Schooner bar (came home with 6 souvenier glasses). You will have a great time. Enjoy and be sure to post a review.

Veronica

My two best friends and myself did a girls weekend on the Majesty of the Seas in 2002. Great trip, first cruise for any of us and we are hooked. Can't wait to take cruise #3 next year. Coco Cay was being worked on and was pretty rough in 2002. I got stung by a Jelly Fish but didn't get sick. Those going please have a Coco Loco for me....I think of them often!!!!! On the ship I believe they called them a Mango Tango!!!

Enjoy your trip on the Majesty of the Seas, it's a great ship!!!!

My two best friends and myself did a girls weekend on the Majesty of the Seas in 2002. Great trip, first cruise for any of us and we are hooked. Can't wait to take cruise #3 next year. Coco Cay was being worked on and was pretty rough in 2002. I got stung by a Jelly Fish but didn't get sick. Those going please have a Coco Loco for me....I think of them often!!!!! On the ship I believe they called them a Mango Tango!!!

Enjoy your trip on the Majesty of the Seas, it's a great ship!!!!

My wife and I just returned from the Majesty a couple of weeks ago. We went on the 3 night cruise for our anniversary. We had previously gone on the Voyager and the Navigator on 7 night cruises. I thought I was going to be disappointed since it was a smaller ship and less time. Boy was I wrong. We had a blast. The Majesty, despite being older, is in excellent shape and RCCL holds nothing back. We got the same food, service, and treatment that we had come to expect on the Voyager class ships. While you are onboard make sure you see the Loyalty Ambassador Colleen and book your next cruise. We have already done so for the Freedom of the Seas next July. Hope you have a great time.

SouthFLCpl

Was on the Majesty last week, 23-27May. Had a great time. Our regular bartender and maitre'd were still on the ship.

Coco Cay is so much improved from the first time we were there.

If you see Ayhan at the pool bar (he also works On Your Toes at night)--tell him Ron and Stephen said hi again.

Feel free to ask any questions.

I have sailed 3 times on the Majesty and never a bad moment in 10 nights. The jetski tour on Coco Cay with my 13 year old son was my favorite.

I'm currently planning for a March cruise. Trying to decide between the Monarch of the Seas and Splenour of the Seas and in the back of my mind, there's a voice that keeps saying "book the Majesty".

If your experience is anything like mine have been, you will be treated very well. I can't imagine a more solicitous, dedicated staff and crew.

Have to totally agree with BamaVol---the crew is the greatest. Most have been on the Majesty for years and are so outgoing and friendly. And when a new crewmember arrives, they seem to adopt the same attitude.

Downeasternercrisin; have a great cruise! we too have sailed the Majesty 2 times both were great! you will love Coco Cay and yes it is much improved since 2002, it does not look like the same island, I almost did not take the tender over this past cruise since I thought it would be like before, wow was I surprised! Dh did the jet ski and loved every minute of it. Key West is really a great stop too! Have a Coco Loco for us, I am using the cup that one came in as I type! wish it had a coco loco inside instead of diet coke!

Have fun on your cruise

My DH and I went on the Majesty when she was "new", back in the early 90's. It was our first cruise together and DH first cruise ever. I had to take him kicking and screaming.. he knew he wouldn't like it. He insisted on a Balcony and of course I had to go along with it;) . Well, when we got on, we were both in awe,,, it was so classy and clean and at that time they even greeted you ( with white gloves) and took your carry on to your cabin for you. It was so elegant. We had a wonderful 7 days. I got sick ( bronchitis) the second night and spent the better part of 2 days in our cabin with a fever, etc. It was SOOOO worth it to have the balcony and larger cabin, didn't mind staying in and DH stayed with me most of the time and we played cards and read. Got better, and had a blast the rest of the cruise. My DH is addicted to cruising now, and we have graduated to Owners Suites ( 10th cruise coming up) and now he won't travel unless we can get the OS.. poor poor pitiful me:eek:

I would love to go on her again, but now we like to travel out of Canaveral.

Going on Sovereign a week from today ( not with DH but with a girlfriend)

Go and enjoy her, she is a beautiful ship. Very Majestic in my opinion.

For making me even more excited to go on Monday! Time just can't go by quick enough! We'll be staying in South Beach Sunday night so we can just skip on over to the port Monday morning!

Archived