Getting off quickly at port (Curacao)

tfox1018

Another question from the first time cruiser, Type A personality. We get into Curacao at 1PM. I understand from what I have read on here that if you get into a port later everyone tends to want to get off the boat at the same time. I want to get off the boat as quickly as possible so I can walk to the Synagogue and be back in time for an Irie bus tour at 3PM. Soooo my question is- do you have any tips on getting off the ship quickly?

Thank you!

I think it's six of one, half a dozen of another. As today's experience shows, the ship may or may not arrive in port on time. People start lining up early and are in a rush to get off so there's crowding and pushing. If you wait half an hour, you'll be able to walk off without any problems.

Generally, the ship is ready for passengers to disembark about 20-30 minutes after arrival. It takes time to secure the ship, deploy the gangway and receive clearance from the local authorities. No one can disembark until the locals approve.

I don't know where the synagogue is but it might be tight to get there and back in time for your tour. Usually, tour meeting times are the latest you should be there.

When we were in Curacao in November, they had people come down to Club Fusion and get tender tickets, similar to when you go to Princess Cay. They ask you not to wait in the Piazza and crowd the area. Once they call your number, you can get off the ship. If you go get your tender tickets as soon as you can, you may be able to make it.

Never heard of Tender Tickets when the ship docks!

The synagogue is not far into town over the swing bridge, but if time is tight you might want to grab a cab one way.

we docked at a container port in New Zealand on the Sea Princess recently and everyone had to go to the MDR to get a tender ticket and wait there until they called your number...even elites had too, no exceptions....so it does happen

Archived