Best way to get to Jost Van Dyke from St. Thomas

toledo

We were on the Oasis of the Seas a few years ago and did an excursion through Royal Caribbean to Jost Van Dyke. I absolutely LOVED it and wish other cruiselines offered the excursion! JVD is amazing. The trips there/back are a little tedious because of Customs - I think we stopped at Tortola on the way there and then maybe St. John (?) on the way back for passport business. We'd do it again in a heartbeat, though. I'd be a little nervous booking such a trip through anyone but the cruiseline because of the time involved in the trip to JVD and back.

Ā 

Hope you find a way to get there!

You have no good options because of your very short day in port. The $70pp roundtrip Red Hook ferry departs at 8AM and returns at 4PM so you can't make that. Unless you want to look at the Dolphin Shuttle (Google it) or hire a private boat out of Charlotte Amalie or Red Hook you just don't have the time. If you did get a ride you'd be dropped in Great Harbor for customs and you'd have to taxi over to White Bay so still a short amount of time to enjoy yourself.

Ā 

The Red Hook to West End Tortola ferry option is 50 min and you must go through customs on Tortola (another 40 min), and on the return you must stop at Cruz Bay in St John for customs and that's another 90 min. And that doesn't count the ferry time and cost to Josts. Just no good options on a short day, sorry! :confused:

Archived