Stingray Tours for Non Swimmers

Chelly

We used Moby Dick last March 2012 and are booked with them again for this coming March. :D

I am 5'6" and the water depth varied from about 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 feet - or say from waist to arm pits. It was a little wavy that day (don't know if that is normal or not), sometimes a good wave would knock you off balance a little bit but there was never a problem going under water unless you choose to. Our excursion also included a snorkle stop so they will have the inflatable vest some people use snorkeling - probably would not mind if the non-swimmer used one of those for a little extra security.

We did the Moby Dick tour our first time to Grand Cayman and loved it...booked again for our last cruise that went there...and they didn't show up. There were about 10 of us (not all in the same party) waiting for 45 minutes, under their sign at the pier. The water was choppy and the excursions to Stingray City had to be delayed a bit, but we still expected someone to be there to tell us this and when they might be back...nope. We all went to find another vendor to take us on the excursion - and I like to research and make sure I'm going with someone good, but this time we just had to pick something available. I know things can happen, but I still think someone could have been there to tell all of us there would be no tour.

Very disappointed...I recommended Moby to so many people, and I won't do it again. I learned my lesson that I should research a backup plan!

• 2 weeks later...

We just did this excursion and at times the water was waist deep and then at times it was chest deep. I am 5'1" and when I stepped off the boat it was over my head. Had to walk on out a little further as the waves were pretty bad that day but it was well worth it!!

Are there Stingray tours for non-swimmers (waist deep water)?

Thanks

Just got back from there and we used sunraystours.com and had a great time they even got my wife to hold a stingray and she was very skepical at first but said it was are best excursion afterwards and they only take small groups out and it's a well maintained 38ft sailboat.

Enjoy

3dblouder

• 1 month later...

Archived