Jewel Questions - New to NCL but not to cruising

2Oregonians

Thanks for that link to the dailies. My next question is about the soda package. I know they give you a mug. Do you have to carry the mug around in order to get your soda at no cost? Or do they mark your key card somehow and you just flash that? And how many would you have to get to come out ahead? Considering soda price AND auto gratuity? I'm sure it isn't intended to be shared, but how easy would it be for one person to order the drink and give it to someone else? Obviously then the first person couldn't get one too. Just one of us at a time. Don't flame me .... I'm just asking!!! Thanks!

Thanks for that link to the dailies. My next question is about the soda package. I know they give you a mug. Do you have to carry the mug around in order to get your soda at no cost? Or do they mark your key card somehow and you just flash that? And how many would you have to get to come out ahead? Considering soda price AND auto gratuity? I'm sure it isn't intended to be shared, but how easy would it be for one person to order the drink and give it to someone else? Obviously then the first person couldn't get one too. Just one of us at a time. Don't flame me .... I'm just asking!!! Thanks!

Your sail and sign card has a sticker on it.

No sharing.

Oh, that's great you guys! Thanks so much for the answers. :D

Any thoughts on dining? 17 people together in the dining room? Other than the pay restaurants, is there more than one dining room? Princess had more than one, but that's because one was Traditional (set time each night) and one or two were "Anytime dining". What does the Jewel have? If more than one complimentary dining room, which do you recommend? (If they are different themes or foods?)

Also, at least two rooms for our group will be porthole rooms. What are those like? How big are the portholes? They asked for an obstructed view room and were "upgraded" to portholes. I'd almost rather have the obstructed view because sometimes the obstruction isn't bad at all. I would've wanted a possible room number and do some research for photos of what the view would be like, and THEN make my decision to switch or not. Oh well....

We had a porthole cabin on the Jewel and it was plenty large enough for us.

I think it was about 18" in diameter. Easily provides good views.

Archived