Dining on the Dawn

GeneD

We will be sailing on the Dawn and I have been trying to figure out which restaurants, bars, grills, etc. are included in the cruise fare. I know Aqua and Venetian the main dining rooms and the Garden Buffet are included but is Blue Lagoon,Java Cafe or Bimini Grill also no fee dining?

Also is there a part of the Garden Buffet that is called La trattoria and if so is that also no fee?

Trying to get a handle on just what is included as far as dining venues go.

Thanks for any help.

We will be sailing on the Dawn and I have been trying to figure out which restaurants, bars, grills, etc. are included in the cruise fare. I know Aqua and Venetian the main dining rooms and the Garden Buffet are included but is Blue Lagoon,Java Cafe or Bimini Grill also no fee dining?

Also is there a part of the Garden Buffet that is called La trattoria and if so is that also no fee?

Thanks for any help.

Blue Lagoon is a 24-hr comfort food venue (breakfast, chicken wings, burgers, fries, soup, etc.)and is no charge. Bimini Grill is by the pool and has hamburgers and other things n/c. Java Cafe has cookies and pastries n/c, but specialty coffees do have a charge. La Trattoria is the Italian dining room with a charge of $15pp. I hope this helps.

Thanks for any help.

La Trattoria used to be part of the buffet area. They changed things around and the it is now located on deck 6 by Le Bistro and Gatsby's Bar.

Thanks for any help.

Blue Lagoon was my favorite for a quick or after normal hours Wing, Fish & Chips or "just something to fill in that little bit of empty space" moment. Nice location (views of ocean and atrium), never crowded, good service and good food. We didn't eat in either of the Main Dining Rooms so can't comment there. The section of the Buffet devoted to Indian specialities changes daily and it is absolutely delicious (The fish curry is incredible). Have Fun! It's a beautiful ship and everyone is very friendly :)

Going on the Dawn Sunday and will be eating in all the fee restaurants during the week and will let you know firsthand if they are worth the fee. This is not our first cruise with NCL ( check my history) but first on the Dawn.

Thanks all particularly novastar for the link also TDC I look forward to your update. Let us (me) know what you find out.. Also la Trattoria as jdv said it is on deck 6. there is no info on it that I can find.

I'm always open to what is good at these venues!

Gene

Thanks all particularly novastar for the link also TDC I look forward to your update. Let us (me) know what you find out.. Also la Trattoria as jdv said it is on deck 6. there is no info on it that I can find.

Gene

GeneD. I appologize if it appeared that I'd strayed too far afield from your original posting request. My intent was to focus on the "no fee" venues you might really enjoy and save you discovery/trial-and-error time. :) Sorry.

Gene

The Italian restuarant is called "La Cucina" not La Trattoria that's why you cannot find it. Food is excellent and well worth the fee. It was also the one speciality that showed booked every single night so be sure to book early!

Going on the Dawn Sunday and will be eating in all the fee restaurants during the week and will let you know firsthand if they are worth the fee. This is not our first cruise with NCL ( check my history) but first on the Dawn.

Enjoy your cruise and take good care of the Dawn...we will be sailing Feb 3rd :D:D Look forward to any comments you may have...Thanks!

The Italian restuarant is called "La Cucina" not La Trattoria that's why you cannot find it. Food is excellent and well worth the fee. It was also the one speciality that showed booked every single night so be sure to book early!

Used to be known as La Trattoria before it was moved from the Garden Buffet.

La Cucina - Pork Saltimbocca very nice. Seafood Fettuccini...not so much. Views of the sea are nice...be sure to ask them to "lower the shades" a wee bit if the Suns glare detracts from your meal.

Sorry. Couldn't help myself.

I'll stop commenting on this thread :)

As I said, it is nice to know what people think is good at various restaurants. We are an Italian family used to good home cooked meals. Macaroni at restaurants is usually overcooked and sauce isn't "Italian" if you know what I mean. Mom usually wants seafood as we just don't do enough of it unless the whole family is present so a variety is what would entice us to go to an Italian venue.

Thanks again and looking forward to any updates.

Gene

La Cucina - Pork Saltimbocca very nice. Seafood Fettuccini...not so much. Views of the sea are nice...be sure to ask them to "lower the shades" a wee bit if the Suns glare detracts from your meal.

Sorry. Couldn't help myself.

I'll stop commenting on this thread :)

Don't let one snarky comment stop you from enlightening the rest of us. I enjoyed your input on this, and apparently so did the OP. Thanks for the info!!

Archived