Fulton Garage Rooftop Parking - $8 - New Orleans

thymcruisers

Has anyone used the Fulton Garage Rooftop Parking in New Orleans that you can reserve for $8.00 a day? We are looking for dirt-cheap parking and this appears to be the cheapest !!! We are a bit confused by a few different websites that we have been to - - - one does not offer the "roof-top" parking option at all. Are there different Fulton Parking areas? Any info would be much appreciated!

I think there are 2 locations. When I searched for Fulton on Google Earth, it gave me 2 different options. I only looked at the one right by the port. I don't remember seeing anything about $8 parking. :(

Hope this helps a little bit...

We noticed this rooftop parking option for $8 also at Fulton. Wondering which hotels that would be convenient to, as we will have two cars to park, and will need three rooms (unless they have rooms that can accomodate 7 people). Any input would be appreciated - near Port / French Quarter preferably, so that we can walk once we are there to see sites. We are also aware of the Street Car line, as we took that to see the Garden District last time we were in New Orleans. Thanks!

Has anyone used the Fulton Garage Rooftop Parking in New Orleans that you can reserve for $8.00 a day? We are looking for dirt-cheap parking and this appears to be the cheapest !!! We are a bit confused by a few different websites that we have been to - - - one does not offer the "roof-top" parking option at all. Are there different Fulton Parking areas? Any info would be much appreciated!

We just returned from NO on Sunday and used Fulton Garage. We did "not" park on the rooftop, but the advertisement I have for them does say "$8/day or $56/week for roof top parking or $12/day or $84/week for covered parking. *Excluded 2/2/13 - 3/24/13*" Their phone is 504-566-1010 and they have a web address www.NewOrleansParking.com. Hope this helps!!

Happy cruising!!!!!!

Thanks for your reply and first-hand experience. We are looking at the rooftop option as well for $8 a night. Couple more questions - Did you reserve your parking ahead of time, and do you recall if there were any other fees/charges or taxes involved?

We see online that there is some sort of a service fee on the NewOrleansParking.com site, plus tax on top of the parking fee. Can you confirm how that worked for you? Also, did the parking seem secure / fenced in, etc.?

Thanks again!

We are staying at Hilton Riverside and I plan on parking at this garage. I have read that it is a pretty easy walk (a few blocks) from the garage to the hotel. I am sure there are other options but this is the only one I've researched. You can find great hotel rates through a last minute travel site. Just google last minute travel and it should be the first few results (you'll know it when you see it). I've had good results using them.

Have you read anything about how secure this parking facility is (24-hour monitoring, etc.)? We want to be able to leave some of our larger bags in the vehicle overnight, while we stay in the hotel to avoid having to load/unload them a couple times.

Also, can I ask what last minute travel site you use? Sound like something I should maybe look into, although we are looking for 3 rooms - does that make a difference?

We have parked here our last 2 cruises and didn't have any problems. Last March we stayed "after" our cruise at the Hampton Inn down the street and left the luggage we didn't need in our vehicle. No problems at all. The lower floors of this garage are used by Hertz Rental Car and I'm sure some locals use the garage for parking if they work in the area. We feel like it is a safe place to park.

Also, I don't remember there being any other fees (taxes) associated with parking. We did the $12/day and it was $84.00 which is what is stated on their ad. Oh, and we did "not" make prior reservations. Hope this helps.

Have you read anything about how secure this parking facility is (24-hour monitoring, etc.)? We want to be able to leave some of our larger bags in the vehicle overnight, while we stay in the hotel to avoid having to load/unload them a couple times.

Also, can I ask what last minute travel site you use? Sound like something I should maybe look into, although we are looking for 3 rooms - does that make a difference?

One site says that NOPD has an outpost attached to the building. Also, last minute travel IS in THE NAME of the site, you really cannot miss seeing it. I don't think we are supposed to post other sites on here. PM me if you have trouble though.

Seems like it should be pretty safe to leave bags in the car then! Thanks for that feedback. I did find the site you mentioned; I've just never done that before, buying a hotel not knowing which one it is. I did see one offer on there, where I could pretty much tell the exact hotel that it was based upon the description and pictures. But since I'm needing 3 rooms, I don't know how that works into the equation, since I wouldn't want to put all three rooms on my credit card.

Looks like we are leaning towards staying at the Hyatt Place Convention Center; found a great rate there, but the lack of pool is a drawback for some in our group. Any thoughts on this hotel?

• 6 months later...

Just wondering, it's now August 2013 and we are leaving out of New Orleans on Sept. 29th and considering parking at the Fulton Garage. Did you end up parking there and did you have any problems? I'm finding so many phone numbers and different opinions.

We did park there and did the rooftop parking option. Worked out quite well for our group back in Spring. Shuttles were timely and the guys running the shuttle service were very helpful. The only downsides were the elevator situation, which wasn't great but was workable. Overall the environment seemed very safe - we left our large bags in our car overnight while we stayed at the hotel just down the street. Upon leaving we did have an issue where we had to press the button on the exit gate to have an attendant come and let us out - but no real problems otherwise. I would park there again when we sail out of NOLA. Enjoy your cruise! If I can answer any other questions, please let me know.

We are staying here in December...we used_ _ _.neworleansparkingdotc_ _ I hope this helps. Not sure how much I can say/ put on here. We got the covered floor for $10 a night. We have stayed here before , with no problems . Free shuttle to and from the port. We dropped our luggage off at the port first, made it easier when getting on the shuttle.

FYI...

We did rooftop parking 8/10-8/15 and we got ants in our truck.

They were everywhere and we spent the whole trip home (2 days) killing them.

I haven't read of anyone else complaining about it, so maybe it was just a fluke or time of year thing.

I definitely wanted to notify, though.

JJ

Oh My. Possible ants in your pants. :( I know, not funny. Thanks for replying to my question. I made my reservation a few days ago. Hopefully, we won't have your problem. Would take along some bug spray, just incase, but I'm almost afraid it would explode in the heat.

Seems like it should be pretty safe to leave bags in the car then! Thanks for that feedback. I did find the site you mentioned; I've just never done that before, buying a hotel not knowing which one it is.

I would suggest calling the number listed on the LMT website. They can tell you exactly what hotel it is. I was pretty apprehensive about it as well, even though I was fairly certain I knew which one it was based on the pics that they had posted. When I called, she confirmed which hotel it was and she was able to give me a rate that was a few dollars less than what was advertised on the website.

Archived