Glad I booked my cabana!

kirban67

yes sorry ....Half moon cay

Me too!! I am a first time cruiser and I've heard all the + and - of having a canbana on HMC. I have a toddler and I want to make sure he has a place to nap since we will be out there all day.

And besides, it's all positives with the cabanas. My only hope is that I'm able to get #10, 11 or 12, not too far, but not in the thick of things.

:)

I booked mine on the same day I booked my cruise. We are going on a cruise on the Ecstacy to Nassau & HMC in July. We loved our Cabana we had last time we visited HMC.

There are still quite a few cabanas available for our cruise.

I read on the private island boards that they are building more cabanas on HMC. I think they are supposed to be two story cabanas. Not sure what that would look like and how much they are.

i have a question and it might be a dumb question - I am going on my first cruise at the end of April - can i book a cabana online now for then and not have to pay for it until the end of the cruise or if i book it early i have to pay for it now?

Sorry for the dumb question

i have a question and it might be a dumb question - I am going on my first cruise at the end of April - can i book a cabana online now for then and not have to pay for it until the end of the cruise or if i book it early i have to pay for it now?

Sorry for the dumb question

Book now pay now, just like an excursion. They are first come first serve, so if you want one get it now!!

We had a cabana at HMC and thought it was well worth the money. If you just want a chair on the beach, there are plenty of them, so no need to rent a cabana, but I personally loved the misting fan, fridge, float mats, snorkel equipment, chips/dip, etc. plus the place for the family to hang out and sit around together. They were sold out with 6 months left to go for our cruise, so you do have to book early.

The other perk of renting this is getting priority tender, because it can take a while to get over to HMC if you stand in line for a tender sticker, unless you get in line early. I got yelled at on our last cruise, because I was hanging out by the stairs waiting for the rest of my family (knowing I had priority tender and didn't need to wait in line.) A lady thought she should loudly tell me that the end of the line was behind her...um, OK...tried to calmly tell her I didn't need a tender sticker, but she really didn't want to hear it. When I finally convinced her I really wasn't trying to cut in front of her, she said "Well, I wasn't talking to you anyway." Yet, when I walked into the theater (where you wait for the tenders to be called), she was in the back row watching me. Then she watched me walk right over to the Carnival excursion area at the back of the theatre for priority tender. I wasn't trying to do anything funny...just trying to stay out of the way for those waiting in line. Anyway...I guess you find all kinds when you travel with strangers!

Loved our cabana! We had #10 and found it to be the perfect spot. Later in the afternoon the some of the crew came by and we hung with them. It was kind of funny to see the captain in those tiny, tiny spedos.;) Would love to see a pic of those double decker cabanas.

The lower the number, the closer you will be in the thick of things.

Here is an older picture (there are 15 cabanas now). These show the cabana colors, but Tan is #1 and works up the beach and away from everyone as you go up to #15..

http://www.bajor.nl/images/HMC-777.jpg

If you booked one on line, you still need to go to the excursion desk to get a number assigned to you.

Archived