MSC Yacht Club

Cruisin D

My family and I are looking at booking the Divina on her TA crossing in October, I would really love some help with a few questions that we have;

We are tossing up booking a YC1 suite or a Cat12 cabin.......

In regard to the dress code, other than gala nights, what is the dress code? Is it what your would normally wear out to a nice resturant?

What is the acceptable dress code at all other times?

Are children welcome in the yacht club?

Any other useful information that you can offer will be greatly appreciated, we are not new to cruising, but thought it would be nice to spoil ourselves and our children.

Thanks in advance for any information that you can offer us.

If you can afford YC don't waste your money on a category 12.

In regard to the dress code, other than gala nights, what is the dress code? Is it what your would normally wear out to a nice resturant?

Country Club casual is quite satisfactory.

I used to have a morning cigarette with an Italian couple who were still in their pajamas - D&G but pajamas nonetheless :D

I am sure they are but would expect them to behave themselves and kids running crazy would definitely raise a few eyebrows.

My family and I are looking at booking the Divina on her TA crossing in October, I would really love some help with a few questions that we have;

Any other useful information that you can offer will be greatly appreciated, we are not new to cruising, but thought it would be nice to spoil ourselves and our children.

Thanks in advance for any information that you can offer us.

If you can get on of the following YC cabins 16032 -16035 or 15028 - 15030 then there is no contest, as these are bigger than the other YC1 cabins

see the pictures below.

Other than that the YC1 and cat 12 are more or less the same size (~ 30sq m).

Dress code is almost non existant but what you suggest would be perfectly acceptable.

On our recent cruise on Divina, at half term, there were lots of children, in the YC so there is no problem there. Most of the children were well behaved (just 2 families let the side down)

The YC club experience is one that should not be missed, however I do feel that four people in a YC1 would be a squeeze , as would be the same in a Cat. 12. If you could strech to a YC 2, if available as there are only 3, a TA crossing would be so much more enjoyable.

But all in all, YC1 or Cat. 12 No contest YC1 every time.

Standard YC1 cabin

P1020616.jpg

P1020617.jpg

A peek through the door of 15029 , one of the Bigger suites.

P1030268.jpg

Hope this helps you decide

Pete

We love the Yacht Club and you should absolutely go for it. The atmosphere, service and private areas are simply wonderful. Regarding the YC category 1, try to get one of the 8 cabins that Skier 52 have listed, they are much bigger. The balconies are also larger. We had 16032 on our last cruise on the MSC Divina.

Here are some photos from cabin 16032:

DSC00947.jpg

DSC00946.jpg

DSC01053.jpg

DSC00952.jpg

DSC01139.jpg

DSC00948.jpg

I think you have the date wrong, the sailing I found was 02 Nov - 20 Nov Venice to Florida, not oct as you said

I've looked at the price comparison of YC1 and YC2 on the only site I could get to give me prices for YC.( Loads of prices for Cat 1 to Cat 12 on lots of web sites). any way here are the prices I found 20 minutes ago in USD. There is only US$200pp ($10pppn) difference between YC1 and YC2, well worth the upgrade but as there are only 3 YC2 cabins you may have to be quick in booking one if you want one.

this was the quote from CruiseCheap.com

divinanov132_zps0cddf97b.jpg

divinanov13_zps6ee81b44.jpg

You may find this useful

Pete

Hi Skier52

We are looking to book 3b2b 7night Venice to Venice, the TA and then the 3 night Miami to Miami 28 nights all up.

We have no trouble with fitting our family into a normal size cabin in the ships that we have been on, we always seem to have plenty of room.

Thanks all for your input and information.

Just another couple of questions if you don't mind........

In the Yacht Club can you order coffee in the lounge we love our morning Latte is that included in the drinks that are available??

Also are all cocktails available, or is there a limited menu of available drinks?

What are the laundry prices like?

Thanks again in advance.

Just another couple of questions if you don't mind........

In the Yacht Club can you order coffee in the lounge we love our morning Latte is that included in the drinks that are available??

Also are all cocktails available, or is there a limited menu of available drinks?

What are the laundry prices like?

Thanks again in advance.

Here is a link to the complete Yacht Club drinks list (which is valid for all YC venues)(Oct 2012), which has the complimentary drinks on the first 4 pages and drinks which have to be paid for in the conniseur's selection.

Wine with dinner was limited to a selection of house wines unless you paid for a bottle.

There are coffees and cocktails in the first part you'll be glad to know.

Laundry on our cruise:- they had a special price of 30 items for 25 euros. The items could be sent in small batches if you wanted until you reached 30. There was no limit on the number times you had a new batch of 30 items

Drinks list:---https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=1cdc327c72a4c6d9#cid=1CDC327C72A4C6D9&id=1CDC327C72A4C6D9%211232

Pete

• 3 months later...

Quick Question: We are booked in the cabin that was next to yours, 12004. There seem to be an area outside - is this a balcony or veranda and where is the access granted? Who can walk in front of your windows?

Thanks,

PHIL

Quick Question: We are booked in the cabin that was next to yours, 12004. There seem to be an area outside - is this a balcony or veranda and where is the access granted? Who can walk in front of your windows?

Thanks,

PHIL

12004 is an amazing cabin choice it is the one I had on my last cruise and I will help you with some photos as well.

The cabin still has large picture windows and yes there is an area in front but this is only accessed by crew when they cleaning - I only saw someone there twice in 17 days.

The bathroom has double sinks separate glass shower (no curtain to fight with) and separate bath - the hotel Manager on Fantasia told me it is Burlosconi's preferred cabin.......

549817_10151566816689203_172117998_n.jpg

562056_10151631362074203_636645650_n.jpg

And you can fit 13 people plus butler in comfortably...

san03.jpg

Archived