Carnival Salon

OC Mom

I am thinking of having my hair done in the ship's salon for the second formal night (also my birthday). Has anyone used Carnival's hairstylists before? Especially for updos? Also, because the second formal night is a sea day, will they have discounts on that day? Thanks.

The only discounts they offered on the Miracle were on port days and the last day, when you could combine spa services for a discount. Cost was more than I wanted to pay. I do know they were booked early for hair appointments, so book when you first get on to get the time you want!

Happy birthday early!

June

The only discounts they offered on the Miracle were on port days and the last day, when you could combine spa services for a discount. Cost was more than I wanted to pay. I do know they were booked early for hair appointments, so book when you first get on to get the time you want!

Happy birthday early!

June

Thanks June :). Pineview, how much was it? Now I'm thinking that it might be more expensive than I expected.

I think that a regular Steiner (they operate spas on Carnival) salon appointment with an updo will run you anywhere from $40-60. However, if you're like me, and hair-styled challenged, it might be worth it to get a great picture on your b-day and formal night.

I can't fix my hair to save my life, but when others do it, it looks great!

I had an up do last month on Destiny. It was $45 and then they want to sell you what is basically two bobby pins will little fancy shiny things glued on to put in your hair. They sell these for $15. So a total of $60. I thought it was worth it.....I can not do my own hair and they do a good job. Next time I go though, I'll be with girlfriends. So I'll have one of them do my hair.

I Used The Salon On Both Of Our Cruises However I Did Not Have An Updo The First Time It Was About $28 The Second $32 They Did A Great Job And They Also Did My MakeUP For Free Using Their Products That They Were Trying To Sell. They Did A Beautiful Job On That As Well:)

Ive had my hair done twice.. the first time in 2002 and it was $27.. I had it done in 2004 I believe and it was in the ballpark of $50 if I remember correctly.. I wondered if the first time they charged me the wrong price, cause I cant imagine the prices going up that much

These sound like prices that I can handle. We aren't taking any excursions, so we should have a little extra money laying around ;). I wonder if they will charge extra for my long hair. :rolleyes:

I wonder if they will charge extra for my long hair. :rolleyes:

That's a possibility because they did want to know how long my hair was. But, now thinking back, she said she wanted to know so that she could determine how much time it would take to put it up.

I've had my hair done in their salon. I believe the price was around $40. I am horrible with my hair, so I didn't mind the price. They did a good job. I'm going to have them do it on this cruise as well. This time I am bringing some hair ornaments for them to put in. :)

Had my hair done in a up do. I had long hair then about 5 years ago. I think it was so much fun to have it done and my hubby was happy to see it done for that nights dinner. I do wish I wouldnt have bought there little clip for $20. that I havent used again. I think about that every time I see it in my j box. But the pictures you have taken after, is so much fun to look at and remember that night. Some times you look at pictures and dont remember what night that pic. was taken... Have fum thats the most important thing....Panda from Ohio

I had mine done as well. $35. They did a good job. They showed me a basket full of barrettes to choose from...sparkley ones.....they were pretty....I asked how much......thought she said 3 to 5 dollars...so I picked one.........but she actually said thirty five dollars. I saw the exact same one at Claire's for $9. You may want to take your own and be prepared! :)

Ditto on the cost of the barrettes--I paid $35 for one. My updo, unfortunately was very "senior prom," which looked silly on me since I was 35 at the time. My friends called me "Buffy" all night.

Archived