Anyone been snorkling at Princess Cay in January?

Tys Mom

Another cheer leader for rash guard shirts.

I always wear mine for UV protection. My Body Glove is 50UVP. It's also good for deterring the little stingy things.

Nearly all sporting goods and dive shop stores carry them.

It's a good idea to try it on. Most are tight (they are designed for surfers), so size fit is important.

BTW - Body Glove usually has "loose fit" shirts for those of us with a bit of a bulge around the middle.:p

Try Dick's Sporting Goods.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=4417978&sr=1&origkw=rashguard

Edited by Stevesan

Depends on what you consider cold. Water temps will be about mid 70's. Here in Pittsburgh our rivers will be in the 70's in July so I can stay in that water for about 30 min before my body temp gets to low.

I would take the shorty. And get out ever once in a while and warm up in the sun.

Enjoy.

Mike

Make sure you stop in the Horizon Court for a few buns, take them to the island and feed the fish, have fun

I usually go snorkeling at least twice on most cruisesand usually grab a box of corn flakes to take with me. They are in plastic bag, take it into the water and pop it a few feet below water, the fish swarm, little scary but fun.

Was there on the 11th and the 18th January and it rained both days and was cloudy for most of both days. It's all very well organised and I'm

sure its lovely in the sunshine but since we didn't see any i wouldn't rush back! Bit of a disappointment but the weather is the one thing you can't plan for

• 11 months later...
Nor sure if this applies but I was surf fishing at Princess Cayes early Dec 2012 and found the water really warm. was only up to knees but got wet from the waves hitting you as you were fishing. Was in the water for about 2 hours and did not feel cold at all. The ocean was warm it was not cold at all compared to lakes in Ontario Canada. I am a person who gets chilled easy. Hope this helps and have a great time.:)

I second this...Lake Huron is arctic compared to Princess Cays. The water was a bit cold, but that's exactly what we expected. It just takes a minute or two to get used to it.

I don't think a wet suit is really mandatory for the cold...unless the ship diverts to the Arctic at some point.

We're on the Emerald now, and we were at Princess Cays today. It was a bit cool, but people were snorkeling. By the feeding area most of the snorkelers seemed to be crew members because they were mostly young men, and no one was speaking English. There were a few passengers, and they said the water was fine.