FOS-New To Cruising Questions

ebrasl

Hi,

We have never been on a cruise before. And we have some questions. We are sailing FOS on April 7 Eastern Caribean. We will be 4 adults (late 30s) and 3 kids age 5. We have two balcony rooms that connect.

Questions:

Should we make dinner reservations now? If so, how do you do that?

Is the Character breakfast worth it?

In St. Thomas and St. Martin I think the kids will be to young for the real excursions. Is there anyway to just go to a beach for the day? Any way to just rent chairs etc?

Should we rent a cabanna at CoCo Cay?

Thanks!

Hi,

We have never been on a cruise before. And we have some questions. We are sailing FOS on April 7 Eastern Caribean. We will be 4 adults (late 30s) and 3 kids age 5. We have two balcony rooms that connect.

Questions:

In St. Thomas and St. Martin I think the kids will be to young for the real excursions. Is there anyway to just go to a beach for the day? Any way to just rent chairs etc?

Thanks!

You should be able to make reservations online. If it doesn't show as available under your reservation, it should be soon. If you have MTD you can make reservations by the day, with same or different people or make a standard one for the whole cruise. You can also reserve specialty restaurants, but will have to pay the charge when you reserve.

Yes, the character breakfast is worth it. I was on Freedom with my granddaughters who were almost 4 and almost 5. They loved it. There were 3 different breakfasts with different characters at each. You may take pictures with them.

Hi,

Questions:

Thanks!

Dinner reservations can be made on line with the Royal Caribbean on line check in site. Not only can you specify your dining preferences for the main dining room (early seating - 6:30, late seating 8:00 or My Time Dining) but you can book specialty restarants. Personally, I believe it is more important to lock in your main dining room preferences. Specialty dining is usually readily available on board.

I'm afraid I am not familiar with the Character breakfast. I was not aware thay had them on this ship. They did have a Dreamworks character on the Oasis but the Freedom is quite a bit smaller.

St. Thomas and St. Maarten both have beaches where you can rent a couple of chairs for the day. In St. Thomas I would look at Megan's Bay (can be crowded with cruise ship passengers) or Sapphire Beach. Another option is Morningstar Beach. You will need a cab for all of them. St. Maarten is 1/2 Dutch, 1/2 French. The French side beaches are frequently topless so that could be an issue with your kids. The simplest option would be to just set up shop at Great Bay Beach which is right in town as you get off the water taxi. Another option is Dawn Beach which is a :20 minute cab ride away but on the Dutch side.

With kids that age I don't think a cabana is a good option for you in Coco Cay. They are located in an area sometimes not facing the beach or kids ammenities. I think I would just opt for any one of the 100's of beach loungers near the kids area.

Archived