CCL Seamiles credit card. I got figures

steveaaaa

Can you still use the Capital one card to pay for a cruise? I do not have a high credit limit on this card 900.00 (honestly i have not so good credit and was supprised that i approved for it at all) but i have (had??) a higher limit to purchase a cruise i think its 1500.00. so can i still use it to purchase a 1200 cruise?

thanks!

Assuming your Capital One account is still active you can still use the card, however, any purchases made on it after February 28, 2005, do not accrue Carnival cruise points.

To have your points transferred to Seamiles, you have to apply for a credit card through Juniper Bank - see link on Carnival website.

Can you still use the Capital one card to pay for a cruise? I do not have a high credit limit on this card 900.00 (honestly i have not so good credit and was supprised that i approved for it at all) but i have (had??) a higher limit to purchase a cruise i think its 1500.00. so can i still use it to purchase a 1200 cruise?

thanks!

Thats what sucked about the Capital One card, my limit was also low, I would call them to see if they could up it and the would tell me they would check my account in a year. Cant wait till the points transfer over so I can get rid of it.

The new Seamiles card got me at 16k, been using it to pay for my high end home improvements.

Thats what sucked about the Capital One card, my limit was also low, I would call them to see if they could up it and the would tell me they would check my account in a year. Cant wait till the points transfer over so I can get rid of it.

The new Seamiles card got me at 16k, been using it to pay for my high end home improvements.

Thats a whole lotta cruise miles.

I hope to hear from someone that tries to use the new seamiles card. Carnival really pushed it on our Valor cruise. Sounded like a great deal so now we are wondering if it really is?!?

Somebody clue me in....Dumped credit cards a marriage ago. :)

If I were to get this "Seamiles" card from Carnival what is the ratio of payoff?

In other words, does Carnival give you a mile of cruising for every dollar spent on this card or a mile for every 10 dollars spent. How does it work ? :confused: :confused:

I spend a fortune on gas and diesel for me, my trucks, equipment, etc. and I'd gladly run that through a credit card if I could get FREE cruises off it. I cruise off peak season anyhow.

When we where on the Spirit 3 weeks ago and applied and it said on the drop box that we would get a free gift..

Never got a gift.. and still dont know what it is... mspacman.gif

Does anyone know if the free gift was extra miles?? love03.gif I wonder if I can call Carnival and ask ... Umm...

Wow, what a rip off!!! I also have this new Seamiles credit card. I was beginning to wonder if they were going to transfer the old points from Capital One to this new card. I won't believe it until I see it on my statement. I guess they are just all out to make money for themselves. The more people that have the Seamiles card the more money they are going to make. You would think they wouldn't make us all get so many seamiles, only to charge us even more. I think I will cut this card up and transfer my points to another card that gives you something more for using their credit card. I just thought it was a good idea at the time I signed up for this stupid card, now I see how this company really is, Rip off People..l:mad:

The more people that have the Seamiles card the more money they are going to make. You would think they wouldn't make us all get so many seamiles, only to charge us even more.

I dont understand how or where are they ripping you off? or charging you more? Use the card and pay it off if you think the interest rates are too high? I currently have an AKC Visa with my beagles on it, no Cruise points there, a Sears Premier card, no cruise points there, the RCCL Card, Some cruise points there and the SeaMiles card.

The Seamiles card already have enough points for a 5 - 7 day cruise which I will be taking next year for just using their card. Thats a damn good deal, all other cards gave me jack.

I dont understand how or where are they ripping you off? or charging you more? Use the card and pay it off if you think the interest rates are too high? I currently have an AKC Visa with my beagles on it, no Cruise points there, a Sears Premier card, no cruise points there, the RCCL Card, Some cruise points there and the SeaMiles card.

The Seamiles card already have enough points for a 5 - 7 day cruise which I will be taking next year for just using their card. Thats a damn good deal, all other cards gave me jack.

What qualifies you calling it a "damn good deal"? As compared to what? Now, you haven't said HOW much you had to spend to get that free cruise, nor when the cruise takes place. So, two, not one, but two variables are missing.A lot of cards will give you something back. There is GM, Discover, Toys R us,etc.

The question that comes to mind was raised by glrounds:

"

In other words, does Carnival give you a mile of cruising for every dollar spent on this card or a mile for every 10 dollars spent. How does it work ?"

Jupiter is purposely vague about this. That qualifies as being shady. Factor in the resrictions and fees and in a previous thread, your Seamiles kickback is a miselry lesss than 1%. You can go with Mex or Discover and get more back in the form of cash.

The old CCl card, at the very least, would give you a $200 credit for spending $9000. Thats more than double what Seamiles would give.

Currently, I am using my Six Flags card until I find something better.$14000 gets me four season passes, worth around $240. That's an example of a good return.

Jupiter is purposely vague about this. That qualifies as being shady. Factor in the resrictions and fees and in a previous thread, your Seamiles kickback is a miselry lesss than 1%. You can go with Mex or Discover and get more back in the form of cash.

The old CCl card, at the very least, would give you a $200 credit for spending $9000. Thats more than double what Seamiles would give.

I agree.....they charge a processing fee for both airlines and cruises..mpre than the norm....

Some of us are could not use all our carnival points and I will have close to 30,000 points once all is said and done ...and I would rather get some merchandise on board instead of nothing for my 10,000 points I have...

(see my original post showing how on the cruise i am going on I get no savings at all for my points..

In other words, does Carnival give you a mile of cruising for every dollar spent on this card or a mile for every 10 dollars spent. How does it work ?"

I have been getting a Mile per dollars, Resently sent them 5k and got 5k mile points.

What qualifies you calling it a "damn good deal"? As compared to what?

Well, not a rocket scientist nor a bank analyst, but I can tell you this, as mentioned above, I have a free 7 day cruise coming to me when ever I book it, already checked out the website and it lets me enter the 40k section of free cruises, they are all listed there.

As compared to what? as compare to other Credit Cards that I have that dont offer the free cruise.

How much did I have to spend? 45k right now, not including the 20k or so from the Capital One card that will be transfer in July. This would of been spent on another Credit card, but I selected to use the Seamiles card since it will give me those free cruises for just using it. I use it and pay it off every month, I pay my high ticket items with it, whether they are toys or home improvements.

Jupiter is purposely vague about this. That qualifies as being shady. ..

Vague? have you read the guidelines? The info is listed on their website

F. EARNING SEA MILES

btn_top.gif

This section defines how Cardholders may earn SeaMiles. There are two earnings rates. Cardholders earn one (1) Sea Mile for every one U.S. dollar (US$1.00) in new net retail purchase transactions (purchases less credits, returns, invalid charges, and adjustments) made with the Card anywhere it is accepted. Cardholders earn two (2) SeaMiles for every one U.S. dollar (US$1.00) in new net retail purchase transactions (purchases less credits, returns, invalid charges, and adjustments) made with the Card on the purchase of a Carnival Cruise vacation (including Carnival Vacation Club), as well as any purchases charged to the Sail and Sign account onboard any Carnival cruise ship.

http://www.seamiles.com/

I agree that this card is a joke. I had the Capital One card, and fortunately, redeemed a $1,000.00 cash voucher a week before Carnival broke ties with them. My TA then took $1,000.0 off my final payment for our Valor cruise next May.

When I check out what's available to me at Seamiles, the price they are offering for a cruise I was interested in, using my Seamiles points, was the same exact price I can get on any online cruise agency NOT using any points. So where's the benefit? I see none.

I got great use out of MBNA first, and then Capital One. Over the years, I have redeemed two $1,000.00 vouchers and one $500 voucher. You could book your cruise with whomever you chose. You simply gave them the confirmtion number, and voila, $1,000.00 was deduced from your cruise balance due.

Well, not a rocket scientist nor a bank analyst, but I can tell you this, as mentioned above, I have a free 7 day cruise coming to me when ever I book it, already checked out the website and it lets me enter the 40k section of free cruises, they are all listed there.

That alone is shady. You shouldn't have to spend 40k just to see the rewards! Now, you say you have a 7day cruise coming to you. While that concept sounds fine and dandy, everyone here knows the value of a cruise varies greatly depending on room and time. What is the value of your cruise???? If, for example, you are promised a 1a in the fall when the hurricanes are threatening, I hardly consider that a bargain. During that time, you can get bargains on your own. And, don't forget the "fee" that Jupiter will charge you. Again, what I am hammering on here is - what is your rate of return???

As compared to what? as compare to other Credit Cards that I have that dont offer the free cruise.

There are cards like Discover and Amex that give you cash rewards. The cash can be used to BUY a cruise for whenever and whatever you want.

How much did I have to spend? 45k right now, not including the 20k or so from the Capital One card that will be transfer in July. This would of been spent on another Credit card, but I selected to use the Seamiles card since it will give me those free cruises for just using it. I use it and pay it off every month, I pay my high ticket items with it, whether they are toys or home improvements.

Archived