Midnight Sailing....what time is muster drill?

Desertbelle

In the past I have been on two different cruises that sailed at midnight or later and the muster drill was the following morning. But now there is some discussion on our Roll Call about when our muster drill will be for a midnight sailing in October. Someone said that the Costa crash caused the rules to change. True or not true??

The muster drill will be before the ship leaves the dock....not the next morning. Can't help with when they will hold the drill...because some will be in bed by 8PM, etc and the drill is mandatory. Interesting question....

I am still hoping someone who has had a very late sailing recently will respond with what time the muster drill was on their cruise.

I agree with ghstudio, if people aren't required to board until 90 minutes before sailing, wouldn't a great many people already be in their cabins, asleep by 11:00 pm? Especially after a long day of traveling to the ship.

Hi,

Had a 12 midnight sailing time on a recent Hawaii cruise....Muster drill was originally scheduled for 7:45pm....but was postponed and rescheduled for 9:30pm (due to late arriving buses at Ensenada).

Woody

Archived