Carnival Magic Cheers Program(cant buy till day 2??)

RAMSJUNKIE887

I beleive I read somewhere on here yesterday that on the carnival magic sailing out of galveston they wernt allowed to purchase the cheers package untill the second day of the cruise. Can anyone confirm this and if so why would that be? Is it that way on all boats out of galveston? I belive there is another carnival ship that sails from there I could be wrong

texas is a blue state which means alcohol cannot be sold on sundays. restaurants and bars can sell and serve alcohol by the glass on sundays but no bottles.

i'm guessing that the interpretation of the law is such that the drink program equates with selling a bottle since a consumer is buying more than a single glass at a time. single glass sales would fall within the guidelines of the law. beer and wine are a whole different animal.

Carnival can only sell certain booze while in port

As I understrand it its the local booze distributors wanting their cut of the profit. Its the same reason Costco cant sell their private brand of booze:rolleyes:

For what you would have spent for the first day roughly $50, you can buy a few to get you through the first day, then you can enjoy your 90 drinks over the next 6 days.

At 8.95 a pop that only allows me 6 drinks from say noon till bedtime if I drink more than that Im spending more than what I could have been spending with cheers, and it takes more than 6 drinks to start my vacation as Im sure I will be up past midnight thats 12 hours of drinking.

That's a lot to consume..:eek:

90 drinks over the next 6 days.

It sure does sound like a lot but Ive put that number to shame on most cruises Ive been on and yes I remember them and no I'm not stumbling around like an abnoxious drunk just have a very high tolerence

It sure does sound like a lot but Ive put that number to shame on most cruises Ive been on and yes I remember them and no I'm not stumbling around like an abnoxious drunk just have a very high tolerence

But too get to that tolerance level at one time you were stumbling;)

6 drinks is not enough in a day?

At 8.95 a pop that only allows me 6 drinks from say noon till bedtime if I drink more than that Im spending more than what I could have been spending with cheers, and it takes more than 6 drinks to start my vacation as Im sure I will be up past midnight thats 12 hours of drinking.

I figured thats what this was gonna turn into all these other threads turn into this also. No 6 drinks a day when im on vacation on a cruise where I dont have to worry about driving anywhere or doing anything is not enough. Good grief some people can drink a lot more than other people and still act normal. And some people like to catch a buzz while there on vacation as it helps them relax and enjoy thereselves theres no reason to judge me you dont know me.

I figured thats what this was gonna turn into all these other threads turn into this also. No 6 drinks a day when im on vacation on a cruise where I dont have to worry about driving anywhere or doing anything is not enough. Good grief some people can drink a lot more than other people and still act normal. And some people like to catch a buzz while there on vacation as it helps them relax and enjoy thereselves theres no reason to judge me you dont know me.

Ill agree that 6 drinks isnt alot, the Skipper is driving and nothing wrong with having a few more cocktails while on vacation than when at home.

But i am going to judge you because your a Lambs fan

GO NINERS:p

Ill agree that 6 drinks isnt alot, the Skipper is driving and nothing wrong with having a few more cocktails while on vacation than when at home.

But i am going to judge you because your a Lambs fan

GO NINERS:p

Now you've steped over the line! Enjoy it this year because next year the rams start there 10 year reign over the NFC west;)

Now you've steped over the line! Enjoy it this year because next year the rams start there 10 year reign over the NFC west;)

As long as we beat the AFC champ in the Superbowl you guys can try to de throne us;)

Enjoy your cruise

• 4 weeks later...

Just my 2 cents but 6 drinks in one day is nothing. Your on vaaction not driving & nowhere to be plus if you have a sea day thats a lot of time. :)

Archived