Victory Review 12/16/2012 w/lots of pics

Dirkgun

Yay....

Most definitely subscribing. We are booked for our 25th Anniversary in September. 34 Weeks from today we'll be in San Juan. :D

Thanks, You will love it there. Congratulations on the 25th anniversary.... we had our 25 th last march. In fact we did the Ecstacy out Port Canaveral for ours. Enjoy.:D

Loving the review and pix!! We will be on the Victory in a couple weeks, doing a b2b to celebrate our 25th :p and we will be doing this itinerary next January on the Valor. :D

Congrats to you also on your 25th. I think you will like the Victory. We have sailed it twice (both on the same route) I think you will also love the Valor in the Southern Caribbean. It really is IMHO the best itinerary. Enjoy your cruises, and thanks for the nice comments. :D

Thank you for your lovely review. Looking at the Victory for March. Did you find the ship in good condition? So far your review is very positive- happy to hear that! Keep it coming!

You are welcome.... writing reviews is a fun way (albeit time consuming) to relive the trip. Yes the ship is still looking nice. I think it is some attitude also... If you go looking for things to complain about.... you will find them. I loved the ship, so much so we did the same itinerary twice in 2010 and 2012 and would do it again in a heart beat.

Great review so far. We'll be doing this itinerary on March 3rd on the Valor for our 20th anniversary. I think that was a great idea to go the beach, back to the boat for lunch and to freshen up, and then out for your tour. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you spend for your St Thomas excursions?

Thank you. Congrats on 20 years. You will have a great time on the Valor and on that itinerary. As far as the excursion cost we spent $30 per person plus he did such a good job we gave him a good tip. I hope that helps :D

Great review, we loved our Victory cruise. You can see the link in my sig if you are interested in reading my review. We had fun at each of the ports! Hope you also enjoyed.

I'll keep checking back for more updates.

Thanks for doing the review!

Brenda

Yeah I remember reading your review and I just went back and looked at it again. It was another good one. I think the itinerary has a lot to do with people loving the cruise. The ship is great but the islands are the stars of the show.:D

Tues Dec 18th; Fun Day at Sea: Today we had our day at sea….. I awoke to a very excited voice calling my name, to come and see them…. I got up and went to see. My wife, ever the vigilant nature enthusiast was had spotted some flying fish. They are a very cool thing to watch, but the last couple of cruises we have taken we had only seen a few of them. These were bunches of them and everywhere. They were fun to watch for a while. We made sure to alert the rest of our group as they had never seen them before. In the pictures you kind of have to find them, they are the white/silver things coming out of the water LOL.

IMG_0414_zps8d508160.jpg

IMG_0485_zpse96503df.jpg

IMG_0470_zpsa115a6db.jpg

We spent some time after Breakfast checking out the Ice Carving demonstration as well as the Master Mixologist contest, lots of people on deck with some fun entertainment and music. Everyone kind of did their own thing today… exploring the ship and just relaxing. Honestly if you can’t have fun on a ship in the middle of the Caribbean with lots of other fun seekers… you need to just stay home. Sea days are not my favorite part of a cruise but they don’t suck either.

IMG_0503_zps3391f21e.jpg

IMG_0521_zps90a18701.jpg

DSC00736_zps1cb4be94.jpg

The rest of the day was spent wandering around the ship or just relaxing. Getting ready for Dinner....

We had some time to spend on our balconies and just enjoy the Sea going by. I get mesmerized by it....very relaxing.

DSC00756_zps753895b9.jpg

Obviously... those are not my toes....Lol

Tonight was our first “Cruise Elegant” night. We had a really good wait staff crew, they were all very efficient, but by far the star of our table was the drink server “Vilad” he always kept our drinks full. We had the Bottomless Bubbles sticker so it was all non alcoholic drinks (where he was not really making any tips) but he had our drinks at the table every night when we got there and indulged us the entire meal all week long. Of course we thanked him and tipped him for his great service (he was a highlight for us).

DSC00774_zps07b48733.jpg

DSC00767_zps73332821.jpg

DSC00786_zps0424a9fd.jpg

DSC00777_zps627f5aeb.jpg

Our wonderful wait staff.....

DSC00983_zpsd34e27e8.jpg

Our outstanding Bar server "Vilad" he was the best.

DSC01427-Copy_zpsd09618b4.jpg

Taking a pic with the boys.... they really kept him going with Pineapple juice and Fruit Punch orders. They had fun together. He was very genuine.

This is how had the table set up for us almost every night. What a great job he did.

DSC01417-Copy_zpsb61f4fdd.jpg

Tomorrow is Barbados.

Our wonderful wait staff.....

DSC00983_zpsd34e27e8.jpg

Our outstanding Bar server "Vilad" he was the best.

DSC01427-Copy_zpsd09618b4.jpg

Taking a pic with the boys.... they really kept him going with Pineapple juice and Fruit Punch orders. They had fun together. He was very genuine.

This is how had the table set up for us almost every night. What a great job he did.

DSC01417-Copy_zpsb61f4fdd.jpg

Tomorrow is Barbados.

Do you remember the names of your waiters?

The one on the left - Joseph and the one on the right - Larry?

If so, I had Joseph on the Splendor and Larry on the Ecstasy. If it's not them, they sure coulda fooled me.

Do you remember the names of your waiters?

The one on the left - Joseph and the one on the right - Larry?

If so, I had Joseph on the Splendor and Larry on the Ecstasy. If it's not them, they sure coulda fooled me.

Yes actually I think that is what their names were. I know they were all saying they had only been on the Victory for a few months. I trhink a lot of the crew got rotated out and in within the last 6 months or so.