Belize

rungreen83

Going to Belize Feb 2013 on RC Liberty of the Sea! My husband does not like to snorkel or really anything that has to do with water. We would like to go tender to Belize and just enjoy the Belize Beer without having to go into the town. Does anyone know if there is someplace right at the port? Thanks

Going to Belize Feb 2013 on RC Liberty of the Sea! My husband does not like to snorkel or really anything that has to do with water. We would like to go tender to Belize and just enjoy the Belize Beer without having to go into the town. Does anyone know if there is someplace right at the port? Thanks

He does know your cruise ship will be sailing in massive amounts of water, right? :)

You need to refer to the Belize port of call board for better info.

We just went to Belize on the Crown Princess last week. The night before docking, there was a letter slid under the cabin door warning us of gang activity and to stay within the fenced port area and to not even think about crossing the swinging bridge if you weren't on an organized tour.

The weather was chilly, a 20 minute tender ride, the water was choppy, and rain in the forecast so I stayed on board. I think a lot of people felt the same way because tender tickets were not needed after 9:30. Husband and SIL went in and said not much too it.

Tucker in Texas

Actually "dump" is more aptly describing poverty and would be much more respectful to the country and people if you described it as such. Even though it isn't just Americans who have posted about the "dump" it is no wonder that "the entitled" are labeled Ugly Americans. Many people go to Belize because it isn't Cancun or Miami or Cozumel. Belize isn't for everyone but for those who venture out, you will find a beautiful country and proud people, even if most are poor.

Janice

We just got off the Crown that went to Belize. The night before we docked, a letter was put under our door advising us that Belize is a tender port. It, also, told us that there had been a couple of “gang related deaths in the southern section of Belize City.” They were canceling an Open-Air Trolley Train City Drive. Then it went on to say you should stay within the Fort Street tourism village and avoid crossing the swing bridge or going downtown.

They did not advise us or even mention to run down and buy one of their "safe" excursions which we have encountered on another line, I really felt like it was an honest “heads up” or a ship’s CYA if you did get into trouble going out on your own.

I read last week Carnival has pulled out of Belize but cited “port congestion” rather than safety.

Tucker in Texas

Archived