guarantee balcony - cabin switched after assigned? (Jade)

leorira11

We booked a guarantee balcony cabin (BX) on the Jade. We are sailing in 6 days.

About 3 days after we booked in early December, we were assigned cabin 8024, a family balcony. (We were on the Jade last year in a guarantee balcony and had room 8036 - an obstructed family balcony (basically the same room, a few doors down) and it was great!) I printed off our luggage tags and edocs - all ready to go!

Today, I logged into "MyNCL" to double check which day we'll be in which city and our cabin number has changed to 11104 (a mini-suite! category MB). :eek:

Is this for real? Have we been upgraded to a mini-suite (while not categorized as "mid-ship", it's next door to a "mid-ship", so as "mid-ship" as a non-mid-ship cabin can be)? No one notified us. We would have put our "deck 8, FWD" tags on our luggage!

I've never heard of someone's guarantee being changed after their cabin was assigned. I assume that this means they can still switch us again (back to our balcony cabin), but what are the odds, 6 days out? (Balcony cabins are sold out according to the website.)

Is this for real?!?!?!?

We were even given a different cabin (balcony to minisuite) by NCL when we checked in at the N.Y. pier a few years ago. We were concerned because our luggage tags all said the cabin number on our e-docs.

We told the cabin steward, and he went to the original cabin one deck down, and retrieved our bags from the hallway there. No problem!

Enjoy!

• 4 years later...

I am so glad that I ran across your post. I was wondering if you got a guaranteed assignment whether it could change. I am in this scenario for an upcoming cruise. It actually happened by accident as we changed from a chosen inside room to a guaranteed oceanview OX (no other oceanviews were available) in order to get some sunlight and a possible view.

4 year old thread....but...

They can change your room as often as they want. That is part of the gty deal. Could get upgraded, then downgraded later.

Based on reports here, most folks are not changed - but once in awhile it does seem to happen.

I would check my reservation often... at least a few times a week and not print anything until the week before and still check the day before.

I am so glad that I ran across your post. I was wondering if you got a guaranteed assignment whether it could change. I am in this scenario for an upcoming cruise. It actually happened by accident as we changed from a chosen inside room to a guaranteed oceanview OX (no other oceanviews were available) in order to get some sunlight and a possible view.

Why on God's green earth do people bump 4-1/2 year old threads?

Plus, 11104 is less desirable than the balcony cabin on deck 8... noise issues. I wouldn't be pleased with that "upgrade"...

I'm with you Triptolemus.

It's the information in the thread not the age of the thread that's valuable.

It's rare to run across guarantee assignments that happen almost immediately so it's good to know not only that it can change but also when it could change.