Southern Carribean Snorkel

amyotravel

Hi, all

We are going on the Valor in a few months out of Puerto Rico. All new ports for us! So, we do not plan on many excursions. We just want to explore. However, our last snorkeling was canceled and we really missed it. so, if you were only going to snorkel one place out of the following ports, which would you do and why? I need advice! :D Thanks in advance.

San Juan, Puerto Rico ---- 10:00 PM

St. Thomas, Usvi 7:00 AM 5:00 PM

Fun Day At Sea ---- ----

Barbados 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

St. Lucia, WI 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

St Kitts, WI 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

St. Maarten, NA 7:00 AM 5:00 PM

ticker.php?pic=vejdp3snodrz7gdf

I have just started my research for this cruise - we are looking at booking for the first part of December. We have done snuba thru Carnival at St. Thomas, and it was nice. Have not snorkeled at the other places (or even been to some of them), but we will definitely snorkel in Barbados because of the sea turtles. We have snorkeled in lots of places (Roatan was our best), but we have never seen the turtles, and that is what I want to do. We may snorkel elsewhere also, but this is a definite for us!

We did that cruise Dec 2011, and have been to St Thomas several times. I personally would choose to snorkel St Thomas...good snorkeling and there is a place you can snorkel with sea turtles (Turtle Cove, maybe?). We booked it through Carnival.

We snorkeled St Maarten when we did that itinerary, I do not recommend! Wasn't very good. The other islands we did island tours, and glad we did. They are very beautiful!

Barbados, if you go to the other side of the island to Bathsheba, gorgeous!!!! Highly recommend!

St. Lucia, going to the Pitons for us was a must. We did it by catamaran, absolutely incredible.

St Kitts, again, just breathtaking!

This itinerary, by far, has been our favorite! Port of San Juan, least favorite. They just didn't seem to be able to handle traffic as well as US ports (human and vehicle traffic!) Be sure to give yourselves plenty of time to get to the port, because traffic can be really bad!

Enjoy your trip!

If I had to choose only one, it would be Dive Fair Helen at Antigua:

http://www.divefairhelen.com/dive_sites.htm

They pick up at the adjacent small boat dock.

I'd be derelict not to include Silver Moon at Barbados:

http://silvermoonbarbados.com/

Less strenuous than the Antigua tour.

Their bus picks up and returns to the cruise terminal.

Archived