Excursion Bridgetown, Barbados Swim with Turtles,Shipwrecks,Snorkel,Beach BBC3 OR

We want to go on a snorkel Excursion BBC3 Swim with Turtles, Shipwrecks, Snorkel,Beach OR BB82 4x4 Safari,Shipwreck Snorkel they seem the same but diffrent I think Mom would like BBC3 cause it seems less bumpy has anyone gone on either of these and tell Me what they are like I wouls also need a snokel vest because I am not the best swimer does that cost extia any info be great Thanks ;)

If you want to do snorkel with turtles, I STRONGLY advise you to TRY and schedule with Calabazza. They only take 12 people, the drinks and food are great, it is a relaxed day, etc. We have been with them 4 times and will go with them again when we return to Barbados.

We want to go on a snorkel Excursion BBC3 Swim with Turtles, Shipwrecks, Snorkel,Beach OR BB82 4x4 Safari,Shipwreck Snorkel they seem the same but diffrent I think Mom would like BBC3 cause it seems less bumpy has anyone gone on either of these and tell Me what they are like I wouls also need a snokel vest because I am not the best swimer does that cost extia any info be great Thanks ;)

We did the BBC3 Swim with Turtles, Shipwreck, Snorkel and Beach excursion while on the Adventure this December and enjoyed it a lot. Everyone in our group of 8 (ages 11 through 65) said they would do this tour again.

There is a large group on the excursion, but we were able to see the shipwreck, fishes and turtles without problem. They spent enough time at each place that you get to see everything. They provide snorkel vests to everyone, they are actually mandatory, so no extra charge. The boat is not a catamaran but it is ok for the trip. The water was nice and warm and this was the middle of December. The crew was very nice, friendly and attentive.

My mom doesn't swim and she went in the water at the shipwreck and reef, but quickly decided she preferred to get back on board, so she was assigned to be our photographer from up top. Since she stayed until last to enter the water and I stayed with her, most of the people had already seen the shipwreck and were moving toward the reef, so I got to see it without the crowd. So, if you wait a little until the crowd gets moving, you will get to enjoy the snorkeling better.

At the turtles site, it did feel crowded at the beginning since everyone wanted to touch the turtles first. But we had enough time and there were several guides in the water feeding the turtles so people started splitting into smaller groups. Again, a little patience makes for a better experience. As we were getting back on the boat, the guides asked a lady (who did not swim well, so she tended to float behind the crowds) if she had been able to touch the turtles and she said no. The guide asked her to wait, got some food and brought a turtle close to her so that she could touch it. I had my brother's camera and stayed floating by and was able to record several minutes of the turtle really close.

They served rum punch (fruit punch and pineapple varieties) which were fine, they also had banana bread! When we approached the beached, they took the boat to shore, everyone disembarked including the guides and the rum punch kegs, and they took the boat into the deeper water. We had some time (~40mins) to catch the sun, play in the water, they delivered the drinks right to you in the water. There were some people renting jet skis for those who wanted to do a short ride.

Overall, we had a great time and this excursion was one of the highlights of our cruise.

Archived