Post-Cruise hotel in san juan...

kre8ivejen

We dock in the early am on a sunday (in early march 2013) and don't fly out til 6am on monday... I was looking for hotels and see that that sunday night is showing lowest being near $200! YIKES!

Any suggestions on where to look / where to stay ?? This will be our first cruise and first time in san juan! We are staying right near the pier the night before for about $125... ((for those of you who have been there before, should we stay near the cruise or near the airport on the final night?! I would think airport as we leave so early, but then we have to lug our suitcases around all day on sunday?! Please advise if you have thoughts on this!!!)) THANX! :)

any thoughts and/or ideas will be greatly appreciated!!! :) Thanx...

We dock in the early am on a sunday (in early march 2013) and don't fly out til 6am on monday... I was looking for hotels and see that that sunday night is showing lowest being near $200! YIKES!

Any suggestions on where to look / where to stay ?? This will be our first cruise and first time in san juan! We are staying right near the pier the night before for about $125... ((for those of you who have been there before, should we stay near the cruise or near the airport on the final night?! I would think airport as we leave so early, but then we have to lug our suitcases around all day on sunday?! Please advise if you have thoughts on this!!!)) THANX! :)

any thoughts and/or ideas will be greatly appreciated!!! :) Thanx...

What hotel are you staying at pre-cruise? Didn't seem like there was anything especially close to the Pan Am pier.

I stayed before my cruise at San Juan Plaza Hotel (formerly Holiday Inn Express). It's a block from the beach, lots of resaurants within walking distance, it has a pool. It was $118 with fees & tax. I did a review with pictures on TripAdvisor.

I was checking out on a Sunday and met a group of about 8 that had just gotten off the Adventure of the Seas. They had rented rooms for the day and had a flight early Sunday evening, they were checked into the hotel around 10am and all using the pool for the day.

Or....If you choose a hotel that doesn't let you check-in early there is a place in Old San Juan where you can leave your luggage, it's called Barrachina. You'd need a taxi from the Pan Am pier, but then you could hang out in Old San Juan, lots to do there.

Have fun, Adventure of the Seas is a great ship and the itinerary is awesome!!

Thank you for your reply! we are staying about a mile and a half away i think, plaza de arms i think was the name... not sure how great it will be, but it is only for a night and i was happy with that! :) But am not sure what to do when we get back!

Thank you for your reply! we are staying about a mile and a half away i think, plaza de arms i think was the name... not sure how great it will be, but it is only for a night and i was happy with that! :) But am not sure what to do when we get back!

Oh yes Plaza de Armas, right in Old San Juan. You will be right in all the action. Great spot, close to restaurants, bars, shopping, forts.

Not sure you're aware the Adventure of the Seas doesn't dock at the pier in Old San Juan, it docks at the Pan Am peir. No big deal, you just can't walk.

I'd still choose something in Condado for post-cruise, use the beach. If you don't like the looks of the San Juan Plaza, there is the Atlantic beach hotel just a few blocks away and in the same price range.

Oh yes Plaza de Armas, right in Old San Juan. You will be right in all the action. Great spot, close to restaurants, bars, shopping, forts.

Not sure you're aware the Adventure of the Seas doesn't dock at the pier in Old San Juan, it docks at the Pan Am peir. No big deal, you just can't walk.

I'd still choose something in Condado for post-cruise, use the beach. If you don't like the looks of the San Juan Plaza, there is the Atlantic beach hotel just a few blocks away and in the same price range.

Yeah, definitely not a walking trip, but i figure it shouldn't be too awful of a taxi drive and it seemed that it was in the heart of things in old san juan?!! :) Thank you for your info i will look at condado! :)

• 5 weeks later...

Hello Joe and Jen,

Looking forward to meeting you on board. Arriving Feb 23 and staying on March 3 to visit PR. What are the excursions that you guys will do or recommend?

Thanks

Martina9

Yeah, definitely not a walking trip, but i figure it shouldn't be too awful of a taxi drive and it seemed that it was in the heart of things in old san juan?!! :) Thank you for your info i will look at condado! :)

Hello Joe and Jen,

Looking forward to meeting you on board. Arriving Feb 23 and staying on March 3 to visit PR. What are the excursions that you guys will do or recommend?

Thanks

Martina9

Hey Martina9 :)

We are doing snuba in St. Maarten through the cruise, we are doing a full-day st. lucia tour through Cosol Tours and a full-day tour in barbados through Glory Tours... We found a walking tour of san juan that we will probably do on sunday, but not sure yet! :) Never cruised before so have NO clue if these are good ones to recommend, but they looked great to us! :) Are you doing any excursions? ~jen :)

We are doing snuba in St. Maarten through the cruise, we are doing a full-day st. lucia tour through Cosol Tours and a full-day tour in barbados through Glory Tours... We found a walking tour of san juan that we will probably do on sunday, but not sure yet! :) Never cruised before so have NO clue if these are good ones to recommend, but they looked great to us! :) Are you doing any excursions? ~jen :)

Thanks for the suggestions on the tour companies. We will be on this cruise in June.

Jen...great to communicate with you guys.

Arriving in san juan on the 23 at 3 pm and staying near condado beach so want to tour a bit that day (and on March 3 too since leaving the 4). On feb 23 will be at the mariott lobby which is apparently the place for salsa and latin music on saturday if you are interested. :-))

I did other cruises with them...you'll LOVE it.... as for the tours did not look at them yet!!! but I like island tours and snorkle too but what made you decide to book with Cosol and Glory tours and did you book via their websites? I assume it is feasible although not all taken through royal carib....Will visit all islands :-))

Do you have an email that you could send me to martina9res@hotmail.com ...would be easier to chat that way and maybe meet before the cruise since I'm having a hard time to post and respond on this site... ;-((

Take care

Martina9

==========

======

FYI...staying in old san juan on March 3 in order to tour san juan or the island that day if anyone wants to join but the small B&B hotel is full I believe. ;-(

Can't wait since minus 25 celcius here this morning with windchill !

Martina9

PS: what time do you plan to board on 23rd....I know some people will meet at 4 pm at deck 11 pool bar but I am not sure if will still be touring...what is the deadline to board...do you know?

Archived