Cooler size in San Juan?

cocontom

How strict are they about the cooler size in San Juan? I know they're really strict in Florida, but our cooler is 14x9x12. It's soft sided, but doesn't want to collapse, so we can't just stash it in our luggage. We would be fine with checking it.

We cannot carry on a 12x12x12 cooler- max height is 9", and we need a new cooler about as much as we need more cats (anyone want a cat?), nor would that fit in our luggage (too tall), plus I want the hard insert.

Please no flames- I'm not trying to drag a 96 can cooler on board, just one that's shaped differently and happens to be perfect to use as a carry on.

How strict are they about the cooler size in San Juan? I know they're really strict in Florida, but our cooler is 14x9x12. It's soft sided, but doesn't want to collapse, so we can't just stash it in our luggage. We would be fine with checking it.

We cannot carry on a 12x12x12 cooler- max height is 9", and we need a new cooler about as much as we need more cats (anyone want a cat?), nor would that fit in our luggage (too tall), plus I want the hard insert.

Please no flames- I'm not trying to drag a 96 can cooler on board, just one that's shaped differently and happens to be perfect to use as a carry on.

The guidelines state 12x12x12 it must be able to fit through the scanner. They will confiscate it and not return it at the end of the cruise.

Question though .. why won't it fit in your luggage?

You say it is too tall why not lay it on it's side or am I missing something? :confused:

Archived